Junk Journal Workshop: Unexpected Materials for Handmade Journals with Carolyn Dube Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Take junk from around the house - including junk mail! - and turn it all into sturdy, colorful pages in a personalized journal.
In this video workshop, Carolyn Dube encourages you to gather up washi tape, ribbon, stamps and any other collections of "stuff" around the house or in your mixed-media supply stash. She'll show you how to give purpose to the junk cluttering up your space by creating a Junk Journal! It all begins with deconstructing a hardcover book and determining the size of your journal. Then, you'll learn how to make decorative pages, envelope pages, pages for writing and even pen holders. The best part about this mixed-media journal is how easy it is to customize the different features to create the Junk Journal that is perfect for you!
Order or download this video today to discover:
- More than 15 techniques for creating 10+ types of unique pages
- Unique ideas for creating themed journals
- 90 minutes of premier workshop instruction
Watch a preview of Junk Journal Workshop: Unexpected Materials for Handmade Journals with Carolyn Dube now:
About the Artist
Carolyn Dube is an art adventurer and educator who aims to inspire other artists to discover the creativity within themselves. Carolyn was an elementary school teacher for 10 years before dedicating herself full-time to mixed-media art. She is a StencilGirl designer (34 stencils) and monthly guest blogger on CreateMixedMedia.com. She teaches workshops online and in person. Carolyn has been published in Cloth Paper Scissors, Somerset Studios, Green Craft, Cloth Paper Scissors Studios, Somerset Apprentice and Pages magazine. Visit Carolyn at her website AColorfulJourney.com.
140-lb. Canson watercolor paper
Dura-Lar water media sheets
Fabric or duck cloth canvas
Acrylic paint, variety of colors
Color Bursts watercolor powder
Dylusions spray ink
Golden Super-Loaded Matte Medium
Book binding tape
Catalyst mini blade
Cinch binding tool and wire
Ephemera-tags, scrapbook paper, washi tape, ribbon, wrapping paper, envelopes
Pens or other writing tool
Sewing machine (optional)
Spray bottle with water
Assorted Stencils from StencilGirl
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Art Journaling, Handmade Books|
- Uses machines
- In this video, she uses a binding machine to spiral bind pages and a machine that turns large sheets of paper into stickers in order to glue things down. I wish I'd known that before purchasing the download. While you can still do the techniques with gel medium and hand sewing, she's right...the machines make things easier. I have no plans to buy machines that need even more supplies (and places to store them). (Posted on 1/30/2016)
- Good but...
- I've been following Carolyn's blog for some time and love her attitude, aptitude, and her color. Everything one should love about an artist! She's got the chops for all her spontaneous talk and apparent random splatter. That intersection keeps me coming back day after day. When she announced this vid I was less then enthused. I knew this would be a beautifully produced $20. But blogs and YouTube are not the same. Fancy lighting, proper camera, staged everything are all good (to a point). But not everyone has the instinct to become that polished/perfect "television" personality. DON'T GET ME WRONG. Carolyn is her usual bubbly self, she uses her same Pow colors, and doesn't mind the less then perfect (you are, aren't you?) art, and junk journals are _always_ fun. I would rather that this was shot in her studio and offered as a class or a series. Carolyn soldiered on and produced a perfectly good video. I enjoyed watching it. The production just didn't get the real Carolyn -- they got Carolyn trying to be someone else. (Posted on 10/15/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.