Join As You Go Knitting Online Workshop with Lily Chin
“Join” master knitter Lily Chin as she teaches you how to eliminate sewing by joining your knits seamlessly!
In 2 hours of instruction, Lily Chin gives you a fresh set of tools for a more enjoyable knitting experience. Learn several innovative techniques as she demonstrates how to join pieces in a variety of gauges, stitch patterns, and textures.
- How to add new knitting to any side of a completed piece, invisibly!
- How and why to use different methods to join fabric.
- How to create graphic, easy colorwork without bobbins or intarsia.
- How to build garments piece by piece, seamlessly!
- How to knit entire afghans without sewing them together.
With this video, you can put away your sewing needle, pick up your knitting needles, and get back to what you enjoy most: knitting.
- Getting Started & Joining Pieces on the Right
- Joining to the Top of A Piece
- Joining on the Left
- Using Joiner Strips
- Turning Loops
- Applied I-cord
Watch a Preview:
Techniques Covered: Casting on, several decrease methods for joining
Skill Level: Intermediate and Up.
Materials Needed: Circular and/or double-point needles, sizes 7 or 8; worsted-weight yarn in 3 different colors; scissors; tapestry needle for weaving in ends
This Online Workshop Includes:
Discussion Board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the course. It’s an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
Resources: This course comes with convenient printable and downloadable PDF files, located in the Resources tab in the left-hand menu.
Run time: ~ 126 min.
About the Instructor:
Lily Chin has designed knitwear for magazines and yarn companies for nearly 30 years, and she has worked with designers Ralph Lauren, Vera Wang, Diane von Furstenberg, and Isaac Mizrahi. Lily's books and videos from Interweave include The Crocheter's Toolbox, Power Cables, Mosaic Crochet, and 2-Color Tunisian Crochet-in-the-Round. The Knitter's Tool Box is also available as an on demand streaming workshop.
Lily is among the fastest crocheters in the world, a title she won in October 2004 at the world championships in London. She has lived in New York City nearly all her life and has been involved in some aspect of the fashion industry since age 13. She attended the Fashion Institute of Technology and was educated at Queens College, City University of New York.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.