Lettering Lessons 2015, Volume 1: The Art of Drawing Awesome Letters with Joanne Sharpe
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this downloadable Lettering Lesson if:
- You want to improve your hand lettering
- You like the look of Joanne Sharpe's signature lettering styles
- You want to include whimsical lettering in your art and art journal pages
This volume of Lettering Lessons by Joanne Sharpe is all about putting your personal touch on lettering. Joanne uses the foundations of art principles in this instructional journal to teach you how to create your own style. She invites you to explore yourself to experiment and develop lettering that is unique to you. With just an art journal, some pencils, markers, paint, and colored pencils you can turn quotes, phrases, and words into one of a kind art.
Plus, this lesson includes a quick video tutorial from Joanne demonstrating how to create unique letters using simple supplies.
About the Artist
Joanne Sharpe is a colorful mixed-media artist and enthusiastic teacher. She is well known for her signature style of hand lettering and her love of bright, bold colors. Joanne and her family reside in a suburb of Rochester, New York. Check out The Art of Whimsical Lettering, and don't miss The Art of Whimsical Stitching, due out in 2016, both from Interweave.
|Product Type||Lettering Lesson|
- Taking away the fear of lettering
- Great intro into lettering if you haven't done it before (much). Everything is very simple and straightforward, making you think "I knew that". And now, after watching what you already knew, you can happily go and play with your letters. (Posted on 8/1/2016)
- For the person who has zero experience
- This product is for the person who has never picked up a marker or pen. If you have never once doodled or tried to write you name in different ways, this may be useful to you. I was expecting more. (Posted on 3/25/2016)
- Me encanto!!!
- Realmente me encantaron estas lecciones de Lettering (Posted on 11/11/2015)
- Me encanto!!!
- Realmente me encanto estas lecciones de Lettergin!!! Aunque casi no hablo ingles las pude entender (Posted on 11/11/2015)
- I learnt about the 7 concepts and how to make them work. This is a great starting point for me. With this info I can be extremely creative.This is what I was looking for - a jumping off point. It is also good that Joanne has finally incorporated videos in her materials. (Posted on 10/28/2015)
- Very VERY basic
- The video is done fairly well, clear and easy to watch, but the content is VERY basic, covering simple concepts like line, shape, form and color. If you are brand new to doodling, you might find some useful info in the video, but if you have any experience in lettering/doodling, I'm not sure you will learn anything. I didn't. But for $3 it was worth it. (Posted on 10/22/2015)
- Excellent tutorial
- A perfect companion to Joanne's "The Art of Whimsical Lettering". A great inspirational kick-start to put the author's techniques into practice, get further ideas and launch your own creative journey! (Posted on 10/20/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.