Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist September/October 2019 Digital Edition
In this digital issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, learn about revival style jewelry and how top jewelry artists use designs and themes from the past in their contemporary jewelry. Also find out about jewelry apprenticeships, how they could work for you, and how current artists learned from their own apprenticeships. Improve and hone your jewelry making techniques with a variety of jewelry projects.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn about using labradorite and moonstone in your jewelry designs.
- You’re considering hiring an apprentice for your jewelry studio.
- You want to explore the latest trends in revival style jewelry.
- You’re seeking to expand your repertoire of jewelry-making techniques.
- You need to know about the latest tools for finishing your jewelry.
In the September/October 2019 digital issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, you’ll learn all about jewelry apprenticeships — how hiring an apprentice can work for your own jewelry business and how today’s jewelry artists learned the craft from their own apprenticeships.
Do you like gemstones that sparkle and shine? This issue has them! The Smokin’ Stone is labradorite, one of the most popular stones on the market. You’ll also find a great labradorite pendant project by Kieu Pham Gray that adds a shell and blue topaz for more pop. And for another sparkler, Deborah Yonick’s Trends column shows you how top artists use moonstone in their designs.
Helen Driggs’s Cool Tools & Hip Tips column brings you the latest tools for finishing your pieces — abrasives, polishing compounds, and stone setting tools. And for more on stone setting, check out the ring project by Michael David Sturlin. He shows you a new technique for setting stones with carved prongs.
You’ll also find several projects in this issue which will allow you to practice and expand your repertoire of jewelry making techniques. Noël Yovovich shows you how to make a domed comfort-fit metal clay ring using a polymer clay mold. Want to play pirate? Roger Halas teaches you to mix alligator leather and metal for a swashbuckling look. And if you want to experiment with enamels, take a look at Peggy Haupt’s pendant with plique à jour flowers.
Download your copy of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, September/October 2019 today to:
- Explore the beauty of revival style jewelry designs.
- Learn whether hiring an apprentice makes sense for your studio.
- Discover two of today’s hottest gemstones — moonstone and labradorite.
- Find out how to expand your jewelry business with invitation-only events.
- Try your hand at jewelry making projects with a range of techniques — metal clay, stone setting, enamel, and more.
- Discover so much more!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Number Of Pages||108|
|Author/Designer||Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Editors|
|Difficulty Level||Easy, Intermediate, Experienced|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.