Step by Step Chain Maille Jewelry, 2016 Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You’re new to chain maille and want to learn chain maille techniques
- You’re an old pro at chain maille and desire to expand your repertoire of techniques
- You want to see fabulous designs that leading chain maille artists have developed
This special publication is presented by the editors of Step By Step Wire Jewelry to bring you 20 engaging chain maille projects, as well as three brand new projects from chain maille maven Michelle Brennan. From elegant to contemporary, beginner to advanced, you’ll find the perfect jewelry project that captures your eye and skill. This magazine also includes feature articles on different colors and types of jump rings available, and on how to do the math as you plan your own chain maille creations. For anyone who wants to dive into the world of chain maille making, this publication is a must-have!
Download your copy of Step By Step Chain Maille Jewelry today to:
- Use glass donuts and a modified Byzantine chain to make Michelle Brennan’s Waves of Glass Bracelet
- Incorporate Czech glass beads into Michelle Brennan’s Lattice Bracelet
- Make Lauren Andersen’s Basket Shield earrings with Lisa Kan’s line of Damask shield baskets
- Work with square wire rings, crystalettes and a Celtic cross pattern to create Christine Wilson’s Elemental Chain
- Discover so much more!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Author/Designer||Step by Step Wire Jewelry Editors|
- Love this book
- Some beautiful patterns and kits available. (Posted on 7/18/2016)
- great designs, some flaws
I'm taking away one star for 2 reasons. The first is that many (or maybe all) of the projects are reprints from earlier SBSWJ issues and I already had them. The other reason is that the resources in the projects were not reviewed and updated. For example, Blue Buddah is no longer in operation, and sources for some of beads/stones no longer carry the item. (Had the devil of a time locating those 27mm rivolis.) Some of the projects do have kits available, but what if you don't want those colors or whatever?
I don't know if the artists who contributed read these reviews, but if you do, first a huge thank you for sharing with us. You are inspiring!
It would be wonderful if you could include just a bit more info about the supplies used. Giving us the actual AR of the rings you used would be a huge help, since not all manufacturers' rings are identical one to the other. I have an embarrassingly huge stash of rings from several suppliers, and would prefer to use what I have before ordering even more rings. I do have a spreadsheet comparing 3 suppliers' rings for aluminum, but most people probably do not.
The second request is to give us the finished size. How wide is that finished pendant? How long are those earrings?
In spite of these nitpicky things, this is a great resource for new ideas and projects. I highly recommend it. And again, many thanks to the creators of these projects.
(Posted on 7/8/2016)
- Outstanding... make full Magazine!!!
This is a wonderful limited issue, with awesome projects I want to (and will) make. The pictures and instructions are very well written, and the designs are outstanding. Many of the designers I am very familiar with.
I would love to see this limit edition be made into a regular monthly magazine, and if so... sign me up! There are a ton of crafting magazines, and while SBSW offers 1 or 2 chain maille designs, that is not the magazine's main goal... there needs to be a magazine devoted 100% to chain maille!
I would say there is only one thing I was disappointed about. I made my purchase as soon as I learned about it through FaceBook within one of my chain maille groups... and I paid full price... later a 25% discount was offered. I was disappointed. I certainly don't expect the cash back, but since I already purchased it, a discount applied to my interweave account for a future purchase... like a gift card balance would be nice. We all know there are lots more books I must have! (Posted on 6/16/2016)
- I love this book!
- The projects in this book are beautiful, the instructions are clear and easy to follow. It was well worth the money I spent, and I hope there will be future magazines like this one, more frequently. (Posted on 6/6/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.