Making Soldered Jewelry, Digital Edition
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to unlock the endless jewelry-making possibilities as you learn how to solder.
- You are interesting in practicing your soldering technique through a variety of projects.
- You want to take your soldering skills to the next level with expert tips and adept advice.
"This gateway technique to metalsmithing lets you join metal sheet and wire in an infinite number of arrangements, giving the other jewelry making techniques you've learned or want to learn even greater possibilities." -Merle White, Editorial director of the Interweave Jewelry Group.
Explore this information-packed special issue and unlock the secrets to successful soldering. There is something for every metalsmith in Making Soldered Jewelry, whether you are a novice looking for advice or a seasoned soldering pro! Learn all about soldering terminology, tools, and torches. Then, practice the 5 essential soldering rules as you take a stab at one of the included jewelry projects or on one of your own designs. Plus, get 15 hot tips and the answers to your most common soldering concerns.
Order your copy of Making Soldered Jewelry today to:
- Boost your soldering skills with 10 jewelry-making projects that vary wildly from creating your own chain and silver bead making to Keum-bo earrings and pendants featuring 6 gemstones.
- Learn jewelry soldering nuances, find the right flux, and discover the importance of a soldering station in a fire safe zone from contributing Editor Lexi Erickson.
- Get all of the information on fuels and torch systems, including jewelers torches, portable torches, and micro torches so you can build the perfect soldering setup for your studio.
- Learn tips and techniques that will help you create the 4 basic joins and effectively solder copper, brass, and bronze.
- And more!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Author/Designer||Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Editors|
- Great Publication!!!
- I have been reading through this publication a few times now and each time I see something new. It is comprehensive for beginners and full of useful information and projects. I have soldered before but it is still daunting starting a new project let alone working out how you can do it. So well done, everyone buy!!!! (Posted on 6/18/2016)
- Excellent source of information!
- I haven't yet had the time to read through the entire book, but have glanced through most of it. I find that the information provided is fantastic for a jewelry maker like myself who has not yet ventured into soldering. It is something I have been attracted to for a long time, but have never had the courage to attempt. The book provides detailed information on tools and methods, and I am anxious to read it through to the end, get some proper equipment and jump into my first soldering project!! Thank you for this amazing reference! (Posted on 1/3/2016)
- just the ticket!
My partner and I are gaining so much from this well put together set of great tips!
There are so many small tricks and techniques where one knows the basics but sometimes it's just the expert 'tweek' that makes all the difference! This book provides so many of them.
Utterly encouraging, sensible and recommended
PS Having the digital copy is brilliant - so easy to search and space savvy when it comes to our library (Posted on 1/1/2016)
- Quite Good
- The publication covered a wide range of information which was presented so beginners would understand and the more experienced would benefit from a refresher. (Posted on 1/1/2016)
- Interesting .
- Good information on subject. Also the way projects are presented is inspiring for making our own style. (Posted on 5/11/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.