Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, May/June 2018 Digital Edition
In this digital issue, you’ll discover how top jewelry artists are working with enamel — in three dimensions. You’ll also find out how to modify a bangle to add a hinge. You’ll even learn about the best tools for jewelry design, how to make templates for saw piercing, and more!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to explore the latest looks from top artists in 3D enamel.
- You want to discover ways to set a variety of materials — from stones to glass cabs to fossil shells.
- You want to expand your jewelry design expertise with the latest tools for creating your own designs and making your own templates for saw piercing.
Are you a fan of spectacular and interesting cuffs and bangles? The May/June 2018 digital issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist has something for you then. Check out Roger Halas’s “Prehistoric Winner” bracelet project — a project in brass and bronze with a dinosaur theme. And if you want to learn to modify a bangle that no longer fits over your hand, see how Grant Robinson approached the solution to that problem with his “It’s All on the Wrist” lapis bangle. Another fabulous bracelet project in this issue is Noël Yovovich’s “Hidden Catch.” Noël shows you how to use flexible and pliable sterling silver metal clay to create a leaf-themed cuff with a hidden clasp. And she uses that design to set lovely hessonite garnet — the Smokin’ Stone for this issue.
For more setting advice and projects, explore Lexi Erickson’s “Guinevere’s Lament” pendant with its floral glass cabochon and Jim Landon’s “Ancient Beach Memento” pendant which not only tells you how to set a fossil shell, but it shows you how to cut it as well. You can also try setting a stone to create a focal toggle in Kieu Pham Gray’s “Supporting Star” project. If creating your own unique jewelry designs is your thing, take a look at the top design tools on the market right now (templates, stencils, scribes, and more) in “Cool Tools & Hip Tips: Great Create.” And learn to use graphic transfer sheets to make your own templates for saw piercing.
Download your copy of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, May/June 2018 today to:
- Learn to set glass cabs, stones, and fossil shells to create amazing pieces.
- Explore the art of quilling using paper-type metal clay.
- Find out which stones are the hottest gems on the market today.
- Discover which tools you must have to create your own unique jewelry designs, and learn to make your own template for saw piercing.
- Fall in love with bracelets all over again — by making a dinosaur-themed brass and bronze wrist adornment, by modifying a bangle with a functional and beautiful hinge, and by using silver metal clay to make a cuff with a hidden clasp.
- Immerse yourself in the fantastic world of 3D enamels by learning what the experts are doing.
- Discover so much more!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Author/Designer||Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Editors|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.