Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, March/April 2018 Print Edition
In this special issue, explore jewelry education opportunities and find inspiring designs and tips for making your jewelry business more successful. Also learn about favorite pieces of jewelry making equipment and hone your jewelry making skills as you try your hand making outstanding jewelry projects.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn to use metalsmithing equipment such as a hydraulic press or rolling mill
- You want to make jewelry with sheet silver, metal clay, patterned wire, or stones
- You want to find tips for advancing your jewelry business and technical know-how
This special issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist explores jewelry-making education from established names to brand-new opportunities! Learn about the long history and lasting impact of the Revere Academy of Jewelry Artists, explore three different ways to utilize a rolling mill for magical results from Jeff Fulkerson, and discover helpful advice to finance your education. Jim Landon tells you about a successful jewelry design competition for high school students. You’ll also find out about edgy jewelry artist and instructor Brad Nichols and learn to create superb flowers in metal through forging and use of the hydraulic press. In Cool Tools & Hip Tips, Helen Driggs discusses the best large tools every jewelry maker wants. And the projects! Janet Alexander teaches you to make a metal clay bracelet with a fabricated hinge hidden beneath a crazy lace agate. Michael Paone shows you how to make a penetrating design in a lapis eye pendant. Kylie Jones shares a chain maille earring design, Denise Peck add movement to a patterned wire ring by putting a twist in it, and Betsy Lehndorff tells how she learned to carve a wax for casting and how she won a grant to pay for the class! Debbie Yonick’s Trends column shows you how you how top jewelry artists use recycled and upcycled materials to create beautiful pieces, and Net Profits gives you great tips on saving money when you travel for shows. This issue also includes the Index to Volume 71 of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist.
Order your copy of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, March/April 2018 today to:
- Learn to use artist grants to increase your jewelry-making education.
- Explore the history of the Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts.
- Find out about a phenomenally successful jewelry design competition for high school students.
- Read a profile of jewelry artist and instructor Brad Nichols, then learn how he uses a hydraulic press to create floral forms.
- See what top designers are doing with recycled materials.
- Practice jewelry-making techniques for metal clay, silver bead making, wax carving, chain maille, stone setting and more!
- Discover so much more!
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.