Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist January/February 2020 Digital Edition
In this special gemstone issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, learn about some of today’s most popular stones, including Mexican fire opal, amethyst from Hallelujah Junction, a recently unearthed vein of chalcedony, and meteorite. You’ll learn how to do an emerald cut for an emerald and how to set your stones using a variety of techniques. This issue also features the Annual Buyers’ Directory, an invaluable resource for jewelry making supplies and tools.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
In the January/February 2020 issue of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, you’ll learn about some of today’s most popular gemstones. The Smokin’ Stone for the issue is Mexican fire opal. And top jewelry artist Noël Yovovich shows you how to create a floating setting for this fiery stone.
You’ll also discover Hallelujah Junction, a fabulous source for smoky quartz and amethyst crystals, and you’ll see how artist Ryan Anderson cuts them for spectacular jewelry pieces. This issue also brings you a recently unearthed vein of chalcedony and teaches you to do an emerald cut for an emerald. If otherworldly gems are more your thing, see what artist Jacob Albee can do with meteorite! Of course, you also need to set your gemstones. This issue shows you how to create a variety of settings. Peggy Haupt teaches you how to set with coral with a saw-pierced pendant, while Arlene Morning shows you how to use metal clay to set your stones in rings. In addition, artist Eva Sherman presents two ways to set your stones in channel rings, using a tube setting or wire.
To expand your metalworking skills, try your hand at Roger Halas’s Spartan Shield cuff, a bronze tribute to the warriors of ancient Greece. Of course, you’ll also find Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist’s usual fascinating columns. In Cool Tools & Hip Tips, Helen Driggs presents tools and rolling mill accessories for adding texture to your creations. Debbie Yonick’s Trends column brings you the latest Pantone colors for spring 2020. And if you’re heading to the annual Tucson gem shows, Cathleen McCarthy tells you how to shop the shows with your jewelry business in mind. This issue also includes the Annual Buyers’ Directory, an invaluable resource for locating your jewelry making tools and supplies.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn about today’s top gemstones.
- You love stones like amethyst and chalcedony and want to know where they came from.
- You want to explore different ways to set your gemstones.
- You plan to expand your repertoire of jewelry making and stone setting techniques.
- You need to find the best sources for jewelry making tools and supplies.
Order your copy of Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist, January/February 2020 today to:
- Explore today’s top gemstones like Mexican fire opal.
- Learn about where stones like smoky quartz, amethyst, and chalcedony come from and how to use them in your jewelry.
- Discover what top jewelry artists do with unusual stones like meteorite.
- Practice a variety of techniques for setting your gemstones in jewelry.
- Find out about the latest Pantone colors for spring 2020.
- Use the Annual Buyers’ Directory to locate all of the jewelry making tools and supplies you need.
- Discover so much more!
|Product Type||Magazine Download|
|Number Of Pages||148|
|Difficulty Level||Easy, Intermediate, Experienced|
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.