How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Intro and Soldering Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You have always wanted to use Argentium Silver in your projects, and are now ready to construct beautiful pieces of jewelry with it
- You have the materials needed to craft Argentium Silver earrings, such as solder, flux, tweezers, and setting tools, such as bezel roller and pusher
- You want to explore the uses and benefits of Argentium Silver, and discover why it is so easy to work with!
Discover why Argentium Silver has often been compared to Mithril, and learn how to use the material to craft a beautiful pair of fold formed earrings. Argentium silver has germanium added to silver and copper, which makes the silver special and highly tarnish resistant. You will want to incorporate it into future projects so your jewelry will shimmer and shine throughout the years! Expert Cynthia Eid will teach you how how to anneal, texture, and solder with this unique metal asyou become comfortable and confident in your jewelry making skills. Cynthia takes you through the process of using Argentium Silver step-by-step, and her passion for the material is tangible!
Review by Tom & Kay Benham of "Ask the Experts" of Lapidary Journal
As a result of watching the DVD several times, we believe most viewers should feel confident they will master working with this new silver alloy. It should prove a most valuable and often used reference that is easily accessed when needed. You’ll also find that you share the same take away as most of her students – that she is an excellent instructor and that they can’t wait to sign up for another workshop with her.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Fantastic class!
- I have had the privilege to take classes with Cindy and I must admit this is the next best thing. She is a wonderful teacher in person and in this video. Her knowledge is beyond extensive, and her communication skills are excellent. (Posted on 5/26/2016)
- Argentium Sterling - Clear tips and explanations for people who want to learn about Argentium Sterling
- Just watched Cynthia Eid's new video "How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Intro and Soldering". A friend sent me the link, knowing I was an Argentium addict and I had to download it. WELL DONE CYNTHIA!!! I was afraid when I saw 'Intro' in the title that it might be too basic since I also have Ronda's DVDs but you came at it from a different direction [soldering instead of fusing] and had lots of great tips and tricks....so thank you so much. Keep em coming!!! There are far too few videos on working with Argentium [especially compared to those on regular sterling]. It's great to see the differences. Thanks again. (Posted on 2/29/2016)
- Love this!
I've used Argentium Silver since 2008 and finally have an excellent reference for working with this wonderful metal.
Over the years I've scraped a number of pieces, believe me, because I just couldn't figure out the right way. There haven't been many good reference materials, especially good videos, to learn from.
Cynthia does an excellent job of not only sharing her love for Argentium Silver, but all the tips and tricks that her over 40 years of silver smithing, and almost 20 years of using Argentium have brought her. Her teaching style is relaxed and friendly - almost like you've stopped by a friends house for a studio play date.
I can't recommend this video enough. Any level of experience with gain something from this jam packed video. Kudos to Cynthia and her excellent camera team! (Posted on 2/26/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.