Kitchen Table Metalsmithing: Beginner Brazing for Copper Jewelry Making: A Soldering Alternative with Kim St. Jean Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn about brazing, a soldering alternative.
- You want to explore techniques for making beautiful jewelry out of copper.
- You want to learn a unique stone setting method using copper wire.
Create a free-form pendant as you master the technique of brazing
Join artist, instructor, and acclaimed jewelry designer Kim St. Jean for her video workshop Beginner Brazing for Copper Jewelry Making. Explore how to make a free-form pendant with copper wire using the brazing bond method. An effective and easy alternative to soldering, brazing uses a torch to melt brazing material between two pieces of metal to create a strong seam without flux, solder, or metal preparation! See every step you need to know to create this unique pendant from crafting a bail to flattening your metal, and more! Use the techniques to inspire your future projects!
Making the brazing technique even more approachable, Kim shows how to create the entire project using a Sterno professional culinary torch! Discover the steps you need to use this small but mighty micro torch including wielding it correctly to create your own stunning copper jewelry. With Kim's accessible teaching method and wealth of knowledge, you'll be creating stylish jewelry in no time!
Order your copy of this workshop video today to:
- Explore brazing, see how to effectively create this join, and discover this bonding method for copper jewelry.
- Discover how to use any torch with Kim's guidance including how to hold it, start it, and manipulate the flame safely.
- Learn about the heat zones of your torch for successful brazing and for wielding control over whatever you're firing.
- See how to pickle and patina to add a varied and unique look to your final project.
- Plus, learn how to make two types of bails with Kim's expert direction.
- And more!
About the Artist:
Kim St. Jean is an award-winning instructor, author and jewelry designer whose work has been featured in several magazines, books and television shows. She teaches regularly at three art schools and at workshops and events around the country. Kim has authored two books: Mixed Metal Mania and Metal Magic. She owns Studio St. Jean in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, with her husband, Norm. Visit kimstjean.com.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Kim St. Jean|
- Brazing, who knew!
- As always Kim St Jean shows us things we didn't know about. I had never heard of brazing for jewelry but Kim shows us all about it in this video. Very easy to follow and informative. (Posted on 10/8/2015)
- Great Instructional Video
This is my first video of Kim St. Jean, I was very happy with the way in which Kim explained in great detail the method she used. As Kim pointed out at the beginning of the video, it's not necessarily the finished product Kim is showing you how to make. Rather it's the technique. If one can master the technique, one can truly be creative in making jewelry.
Thanks Kim for a great video, please continue to teach this way, you're a rare find. (Posted on 6/30/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.