Social Strategy: How to Build Your Jewelry Brand with Social Media
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
When it comes to marketing your business, social media offers many ways to connect with customers and build your brand. There have never been more options – which is great but also confusing. What platforms should you focus on? How can you best use them to market your jewelry? And how do you do all this without wasting time you'd rather spending making jewelry?
It's not enough to tweet a product listing. You need a plan! Join Cathleen McCarthy for a tip-packed tour of the best social media platforms for jewelry artists, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This web seminar will leave you with a better understanding of each platform, how they work individually and together, how to use your own creative spirit to get maximum impact from each – and how to have fun in the process.
Cathleen writes about jewelry ecommerce and online marketing for magazines, websites and her own blog, The Jewelry Loupe. She has interviewed dozens of successful designers and retailers about their online marketing, and built her own brand and thousands of followers via social media.
In this web seminar you will learn:
- How to compose Tweets, Pinboards, Facebook and Instagram posts that go viral and attract the right kind of attention.
- Tips for building your visual brand across multiple platforms in 15 minutes a day max.
- How to title and tag photos so everything pinned or shared from your site or shop leads back to you.
- Proper use of tags and hashtags to start conversations and get on the right radars.
- How to sync your social media and online presence to maximize exposure.
- Spinning your posts to take advantage of each platform's unique strengths.
- Developing online relationships with your peers, retailers and media.
- And more!
About the Instructor
Cathleen McCarthy has written about jewelry design and retail for dozens of magazines and newspapers, including Art & Antiques, Town & Country, Elle Décor, Ornament, JCK, Washington Post and Wall Street Journal. She was editor of the jewelry trade magazine Accent and co-founder of the Gem Artists of North America (GANA). Now she helps jewelry artists and web startups market their brands online. You can read her tips on social media marketing in Net Profits, her column for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and JewelryMakingDaily.com, and on her own site, TheJewelryLoupe.com.
Who will benefit:
- Jewelry artists and designers who want to make better use of free tools available for marketing their jewelry.
- Artists and designers who have dabbled with social media but find they're not getting the response they desire.
- Artists and designers who don't have an advertising budget but want to get the word out about their products.
- Artists and designers who want to develop a social media strategy that will allow them to meet specific marketing goals.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Audio so bad, it's worthless
- Excellent information
- Webinar: 4 Stars; Service from Interweave.com: 1 star
However, I've now been waiting way too long to get a link to the recorded version so that I can watch the rest of the webinar.
Interweave needs to step up their customer service in this regard! (Posted on 3/28/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.