Small-space Jewelry Soldering: Demystifying Everything You Need to Start Soldering
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Does the idea of picking up a torch and soldering your own jewelry components excite you but also intimidate you a little? Do you have limited space and are not sure how to set it up for metalworking? You're not alone! There are so many choices to make from what torch to pick, how to set up your workspace to what solder to use. Wouldn't be great to have all of that information in one place, to access anytime you need it?
The solution is here. Kate Richbourg has gathered all of this vital information and presents it in an easy to understand and organized manner. She will share her experience and insight working in a small space. She will discuss a variety of portable torches, how to set up for soldering in small spaces including clarifying and reviewing the variety of soldering surfaces that are available. She will share the variety of solders available and include insight on how, when and why each type is used. Join Kate as she helps banish your fears and sets you on the road to soldering excellence.
During this Web Seminar you'll learn:
- How to set up a safe, simple and easily accessible workspace.
- Valuable information about a variety of portable torches and their benefits and limitations.
- What soldering surface is best for your needs, and different ways to use them.
- The difference between wire, sheet and paste solder and its applications.
About the Instructor:
Simply put, Kate Richbourg loves jewelry. She loves to teach it. She loves to make it. She loves to wear it. Teaching and designing jewelry since 1992, she teaches at national shows, bead societies and bead shops and is published in a variety of jewelry magazines and is the author of the popular blog "We Can Make That at Home. She has also appeared on several episodes of the DIY and HGTV network shows "DIY Jewelry" and "Craft Lab." Kate is the author of the bestselling book Simple Soldering: A Beginner's Guide to Jewelry Making.
Who Should Attend:
- Jewelry makers who are nervous about getting started working with metal and flame.
- Jewelry makers who have had some experience with soldering but still have questions about setting up a small soldering space.
- Jewelry makers who are unsure which torch is right for them and the projects they want to create.
- Jewelry makers who want to fully understand the benefits and limitations of the variety of solders available.
|Product Type||Video Download|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.