How to Stitch Prismatic Right-angle Weave
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You may have heard of CRAW, but what about PRAW? Prismatic Right Angle Weave, or PRAW, is an expansion of the Cubic Right Angle Weave (CRAW) technique that can be used to create all kinds of beaded art and jewelry. While CRAW uses the geometry of a cube, PRAW uses the geometry of the prisms to create beaded ropes, beaded beads, charms, and spectacular three-dimensional beadwork.
Join 2015 Beadwork Designer of the Year Cindy Holsclaw, a bead artist with a background in science and mathematics, and learn the basics behind this geometric stitch. In this one-hour webinar, Cindy will start with a brief review of CRAW, and then she will discuss how to weave the basic PRAW stitch and how to use this stitch to create basic beaded ropes and beaded beads. Cindy will also discuss how PRAW can be used to create beaded charms, flowers, and dimensional beadwork, and she will show several examples of PRAW in finished beaded art.
Learn what makes PRAW very similar to CRAW, and also what makes it different. Explore the geometry behind this stitch, and how PRAW uses different shapes such as triangles, squares, pentagons, hexagons, and more. Discover the many possible kinds of beadwork that can be woven with this stitch, from beaded bracelets to beaded beads, simple components to full-length necklaces, and much more!
In this web seminar you will learn:
- How to weave the basic PRAW stitch and explore how PRAW is both similar to and different from CRAW.
- All about the geometry behind the name "Prismatic Right Angle Weave."
- Tips for creating basic PRAW beaded beads and beaded ropes, and how to incorporate them into your own jewelry designs.
- Techniques for using PRAW to create beaded charms and three-dimensional beadwork.
- How to use PRAW in your jewelry designs inspired by spectacular jewelry design examples.
- And much more!
About the Instructor:
Cindy Holsclaw is a beading designer and a national teacher who specializes in beadwork inspired by science, geometry, and the natural world. As a trained biochemist, Cindy's background in science shapes her approach to her designs, and she loves incorporating geometric and chemical structures into her beadwork. She is an attentive and patient instructor during class, and her beading patterns are fully illustrated and complete with troubleshooting tips and design variations. Cindy was named a Beadwork Designer of the Year in 2015, and her on-demand webinar on designing beaded beads was presented by Interweave. To see more of her work, please visit her website at www.beadorigami.com
Who should attend:
- Intermediate-level and above beaders who are already familiar with CRAW and who want to learn PRAW.
- Beaders who want to learn how to make beaded beads and beaded ropes using the PRAW stitch.
- Beaders who want to explore how PRAW can expand the versatility of the CRAW technique.
- Fans of geometric beadwork who want to explore the mathematics behind beaded jewelry.
- Experienced bead artists who want to expand and develop their own bead stitch skillset.
- Beaders who want to be inspired by many different examples of PRAW beadwork.
- Fans of geometry and science
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Technique||Right Angle Weave Stitch|
- Not worth it.
- Very dissaspointed with the video. I thought she was going to show us several ways to at least make a necklace. All I got out of it was she showed pieces of jewlery that other people have made. She also commented that there was pdf files that came with this video that would help us make some jewelry. No pdf files were offered. Could not find them at all. I am trying to get my money back so I can use it to download something that I can learn from. (Posted on 6/9/2016)
- How to stitich prismatic right-angle weave
- Further to my review of 4/3/15, My computer decided to return the email containing the above information, marked as unread, along with many others, and I now the link I asked for. Sorry to have bothered me. I am now ready to go ahead. Loved the webinar. (Posted on 4/4/2015)
- How to stitch prismatic right-angle weave
The video was excellent. I always hesitate signing up for these, as my computer is finicky saving them. This one worked just fine./
However, my computer lost my saved link to the handouts, and I have searched. I sent an email regarding this, just now, but would appreciate something.
Prismatic right-angle weave has eluded me. I can see the diagrams and understand them clearly, but I have trouble seeing the beads. Have to try with different colors next. (Posted on 4/3/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.