Handcrafted Metal Findings
Following up their best-selling book Handcrafted Wire Findings, Denise Peck and Jane Dickerson give you MORE of what you've been asking for. More techniques, more (and different) findings, and more inspiration are abundant in this book. Featuring 30 step-by-step tutorials for metal findings created with wire, sheet metal, or a mix of both, find inspiration for your next project! And best of all, the projects in this book require only basic jewelry making skills – all of which are shown in clear step-by-step photos.
Together with a star-studded group of contributors, Denise and Jane show you how to work with pre-cut metal blanks, thin-gauge metal sheet, and wire. No special tools are required to make these great findings, so all the metalwork can be done with studio basics. You'll learn how to hole-punch, dap, hammer, texture with stamps and tools, and patina your handcrafted metal components.
Simple construction techniques, like soldering with a micro torch and cold connections, are covered as well. Finished gallery pieces that incorporate some of the findings provide additional inspiration in this idea- and information-packed book.
Order your copy of Handcrafted Metal Findings today!
About the Authors:
Denise Peck is the editor of Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine and the author of 101 Wire Earrings, Wire Style, and Wire Style 2. She is also the co-author of Handcrafted Wire Findings, The Wireworker's Companion, and Wire + Metal. Denise lives in Pennsylvania.
Jane Dickerson is the author of Chain Style, the co-author of Handcrafted Wire Findings, The Wireworker's Companion, and Wire + Metal, and a freelance editor, writer, and jewelry designer. She was formerly the editor of Step by Step Beads, Creative Jewelry, and Bead Star magazines and a contributing editor to Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine.
|Number Of Pages||128|
|File/Trim Size||8.3 x 10.3 inches|
|Author/Designer||Denise Peck, Jane Dickerson|
- Worthy successor to Wire Findings
- This book is for beginners
- Very Good Ideas
- This was a good reference purchase but since I also subscribe to many jewelry magazines, some of this I had seen before. Some of the techniques I will use in my style of jewelry (rustic) but not all. If stuck for inspiration, will definitely pull it out and see what might work. (Posted on 2/7/2016)
- A winner
- This is another helpful book with innovative ideas for wire & metal work from the dynamic duo of Peck & Dickerson. I doubt I would have thought of most of their designs, no matter how long I worked in either medium. Most of their ideas are so clever and easy to make that I've had no trouble following them. Not only that, but they have improved the look of my work. I can hardly wait to see what they come up with next. (Posted on 7/29/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.