Metalsmith Essentials: Get the Most Out of Your Rolling Mill Video Download
Explore the benefits of using new techniques for your jewelry projects using a rolling mill with jewelry artist Richard Sweetman.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to learn new techniques for adding texture and designs to wire and sheet metal
- You are eager to gain expert ideas for forming metal and enjoy jeweler Richard Sweetman’s instruction
- You want to learn unique jewelry making techniques, such as creating your own Keum-Boo foil and forming wire and jewelry metal sheet from metal ingots
Jewelry artist and instructor Richard Sweetman will show you how to use your rolling mill in a variety of metalsmithing techniques – including fold forming, roller printing onto sheet metal, and rolling your own wire. Get creative and design intricate and delicate pieces of jewelry, and learn useful tips along the way, such as which metals are best for the mill and what temperature to use for hot rolling. From making your own patterns to milling your own metal, you’ll discover how to maximize the potential of your mill, save time and find your own metalsmithing style.
Download your copy of Metalsmith Essentials: Get the Most Out of Your Rolling Mill today to:
- Receive over 70 minutes of expert instruction from Richard Sweetman, who has over 30 years of jewelry making experience
- Learn professional techniques for creating different shapes in wire and metal
- Emboss your own creative designs onto a multitude of jewelry pieces
- Discover which metals are appropriate to use and how to care for your mill so it lasts throughout the years
- And so much more!
Watch a preview now:
About the Author:
Richard Sweetman is an artist and teacher of more than 30 years. He received his BFA from Colorado State University and his MFA from the University of Oregon. He worked as a goldsmith in San Francisco before accepting a teaching position at Arapahoe Community College in Denver. Richard built a very successful metals program at ACC and currently runs a co-op metalsmithing studio in Denver.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||MP4, PDF|
- So so
- I recently purchased my first rolling mill and this video gives me a lot more confidence in using it. I have a better understanding of how to avoid damage and maintain it. The making and rolling of ingots was new to me and it was helpful to see it done. That information combined with the discussion of flat versus combination rollers would be useful for anyone trying to decide what kind of mill to purchase. My primary desire was to roll print and that subject was well covered. I think there are enough options that an entire video could be devoted to roller printing. It was also informative to see several examples of rolling mills. Although I bought a Durston it is not the only consideration. Good to see other options discussed. (Posted on 6/29/2016)
- Left me wanting more
This video seems to be geared toward someone brand new to a rolling mill. I didn't walk away with any new information which surprised me. Normally, I am tickled pink with my Interweave dvd purchases. Not so much with this one. Sorry.
Product materials may vary due to user's experience level.
Customer was contacted and refunded. (Posted on 5/11/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.