Crushed Metal Cuff with Richard Sweetman Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to create a bold cuff bracelet with freeform curves
- You are looking for a basic jewelry project that utilizes the hydraulic press.
- You want to boost your metal forming skills past basic forging techniques.
Crush it! Create a unique cuff bracelet using the hydraulic press.
Use the hydraulic press to create a one-of-a-kind metal bracelet with expert instruction from Richard Sweetman in this video workshop. Learn how to use the hydraulic press along with urethane donuts to create unique shapes in metal. Uncover limitless design possibilities with this technique unlimited construction and finishing possibilities!
Download your copy of Crushed Metal Cuff with Richard Sweetman today to:
- Go beyond basic metal forging techniques—learn how to form a bracelet using an alternative technique.
- Learn hydraulic press basics you can apply to future projects.
- Discover the possibilities of customization by exploring different construction and finishing options.
- And more!
About the Author:
Richard Sweetman is an artist and teacher of more than 30 years. He received his BFA from Colorado State University and his MFA from the University of Oregon. He worked as a goldsmith in San Francisco before accepting a teaching position at Arapahoe Community College in Denver. Richard built a very successful metals program at ACC. He currently runs a co-op metalsmithing studio in Denver. Visit zephyr-street-studio.com for more information.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Puzzled by other reviews
- Note to self - read reviews FIRST
- I wish I had read the earlier reviews before buying this - wasted my money.... Yes, Rio Grande's video is much better - (Posted on 8/18/2016)
Hesitant playback - I learned more from the free You tube video from Rio Grande for the product you need to make these - wish I had read the reviews first
For help with video downloads, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to our representatives. (Posted on 6/10/2016)
- You need more tools!
- In addition to hydraulic press you need Rio Grande #110286 for $101.85. The title led me to believe all I needed was a hydraulic press. There's no mention of this necessary accessory in the class description. (Posted on 5/23/2016)
- Not worth the charge!
First, I had to watch this in 30 second intervals because it wouldn't download properly. I tried it on multiple devices and computers and with different internet connections and it still wouldn't load or play continuously. Secondly, The title makes it seem as if you can make a crushed metal cuff using only the hydraulic press. There is no mention that you need a urethane donut and two steel rings to make the bracelet and follow the tutorial. During the video there is no mention where you can purchase this "donut" or what size it is, so you can make your own. I emailed Richard Sweetman and asked both of those questions. His reply was simply "Rio Grande #110286" for $102. So much for a $20 tutorial! If you have the needed "donut" and rings, the tutorial still seems like a waste of time. It is very slow and only a few minutes of it actually supply any valuable information. What you need to know is: use 2.5" urethane donut and two narrow steel rings slightly larger than donut. Solder a piece of metal (silver, copper, brass) together to make a bangle that fits around the donut. Dent parts of the metal and it will be more likely to "crush" at those locations. Add steel ring over top and bottom edges, place in press and crush! Remove, cut out section to allow for cuff opening and solder embellishments if desired. Done! And of course use all the normal safety precautions you would typically use. Happy cuff making:)
If you're unhappy with a product please give us a call at 866.949.1646. (Posted on 5/23/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
New subscribers, who wish to receive the current newsstand issue of a magazine, should purchase that issue individually as the subscription will start with the upcoming newsstand issue. Please note, the first issue of your subscription may take up to 4-6 weeks to arrive (international customers, please add an additional 2 weeks for shipping times).
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.