Metalsmith Essentials: Hammer Textures and Forms: Master 20+ Specialty Jewelry Tools with Bill Fretz Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You're looking for expert techniques for using jewelry hammers correctly and effectively.
- You want to learn how to shape and form your metal into beautiful jewelry designs and forms.
- You want to add unique textures to metal using hammers and stakes.
Form fabulous jewelry with Bill Fretz
Join expert metalsmith and jewelry tool designer Bill Fretz for his video workshop dedicated to explaining all that 26 of his signature hammers can do. Learn about forming and forging, discover how to add exciting surface textures, and create beautiful mirror finishes through expert planishing. Not only will you learn how to use your hammers effectively, but you will see the diverse uses they have.
Add beautiful textures to your jewelry projects with Bill's guidance. Learn important hammer texture effects, see soldering tips, and receive finishing advice you won't want to miss.
Order your copy of this must-have video workshop today to:
- Unlock the potential of hammers as you learn how to form and texture with them, on small and large pieces both.
- Get expert jewelry making tips from Bill for forming, texturing, shaping, and more.
- Learn metal forming techniques that every metalsmith needs to know.
- Learn the right way to wield a hammer for control when hammering metal sheet, wire, and rods.
- Use specialty hammers in combination with holders and stakes for ultimate precision.
- See design ideas to fabricate completely custom, beautifully textured jewelry with your new hammer skills.
- And much more!
Take it from Bill: "Hammered textures are like color; they have different moods and can transform an object."
About the Artist:
Bill Fretz fell in love with jewelry making his junior year in high school, trained at the school For American Craftsmen at R.I.T. in Rochester, New York, and taught at the Cleveland Institute of Art before opening his first workshop in 1970. Bill and his wife, Marian, moved to Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1974, the same year both were in the World Silver Show in Mexico City. Over the past decade, Bill turned his love of silversmithing tools into a business that has grown from a small line of jeweler's stakes to a complete line of stakes and hammers manufactured by his son Jordan's workshop in Vietnam. Get more metalsmithing tips from Bill with his four other video workshops: Metalsmithing Essentials: Basic Jewelry Hammering and Forming, Metalsmith Essential: Hammering and Forming Jewelry Volume 2, Metalsmith Essentials: Expert Bezel Forming: Setting for a Variety of Cabochon and Faceted Gem Shapes with Stakes and Mandrels, and Metalsmith Essentials: Forming Hollow Rings: Plain and Inlaid.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Nice Sales Pitch
- Another great lesson from Bill
- As always. Well presented. Easy to follow. (Posted on 10/25/2015)
- hammer textures and forms.
- The video was well presented. The texture component was the best and most useful to me. The textures really made designs unique. I was happy with my purchase. (Posted on 5/27/2015)
- Hammer textures and forms was a useful download.
- The presentation of information was easy to follow and we'll done. The textures presented were useful in your designs. I am happy with the purchase. (Posted on 5/27/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.