Jewelry Photography Basics: How to Shoot Jewelry and Gemstones in Natural Light Video Download
Want to take excellent photos of your jewelry? Learn the ins and outs of jewelry photography from Azur Mele with this instant video download!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to take professional-quality photographs of your jewelry pieces!
- You want to learn what photography equipment you need and how it works.
- You are looking for expert lighting tips that show off your jewelry to its fullest.
Take your jewelry photography from blah to beautiful!
Learn the fundamentals of jewelry photography from Azur Mele.
"I'm going to be going over the fundamentals of photography, but focused on photographing jewelry. It's a really difficult subject to photograph, so I want to make sure everyone at home has a really rounded understanding of the fundamentals and the basics so you can use that knowledge to take really excellent photos of your jewelry." –Azur Mele
Take the guesswork out of jewelry photography by learning the fundamentals. Professional photographer Azur Mele shares tips and techniques to help you take gorgeous photographs of your jewelry without breaking the bank on complicated and fancy gear. Begin with an overview of camera types, and then take an in-depth look at what equipment you need and learn how each piece works. Watch as Azur demonstrates easy ways to experiment with shaping light around your piece so you can see all of the details without those pesky reflections or dark spots. Whether you've been photographing your work for years or you've just taken the plunge and purchased your first camera, this video is sure to take your jewelry photography to the next level!
Download your digital copy of Jewelry Photography Basics: How to Shoot Jewelry and Gemstones in Natural Light today to:
- Learn the ins and outs of a camera so you can photograph like a pro!
- Discover which pieces of equipment are must-haves and which you can easily make yourself.
- Show your jewelry in the best light by understanding how to diffuse and bounce light off of your pieces.
- Take professional quality photos of your jewelry designs.
- And more!
About the Expert:
Azur Mele, the daughter of a precious minerals miner and a jeweler, has been surrounded by rocks, gems, and jewelry since birth (and is even named after a rock… Azurite!). A transplant from Tucson, AZ to New England, Azur is a photographer, professional retoucher, and has combined her love of jewelry and stones with photography. Azur's portfolio showcases her many talents, take a peek at www.azurmele.com.
Watch a preview now!
|Product Type||Video Download|
- I was really looking forward to this class, but was very disappointed. After waiting around for the tech people to get it to work. most of the time was spent explaining how a camera works. Great, but I kept waiting for the same amount of detail about photographing jewelry. It just didn't come. She glossed right over it. Waste of money. (Posted on 9/23/2016)
- Don't Buy!
- Not well made and very little clear usable information! I take photos for my Etsy shop and wanted to see if I could increase my knowledge and easily take better photos. My photos are better than the few that were shot here. The information was slow in coming and it was not clearly presented. (Posted on 11/5/2015)
- Skip this video
When I purchased this video, I wanted to learn how to use natural light to shoot jewelry, as the title says. I was sorely disappointed. Over half of this hour long video has nothing to do with using natural light to shoot jewelry.
The video starts off by saying "wait for an overcast day." That is a luxury for many of us who often can't just wait or who live in places where overcast skies are not common. I wanted to learn how to manipulate the light, not bend myself to it.
This video is specifically about DSLR. Most of it is a very basic description of shutter speed, aperture and depth of field. Any photography website will teach you the same in a simple article. During this segment, we are also told several times how confusing or hard this all is, which isn't very helpful either.
I would recommend Jim Lawson's video instead. It really focus on shooting jewelry and setting up shots, regardless of your equipment. (Posted on 9/30/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.