The Jewelry Maker's Field Guide
Discover the world of metal-jewelry making . . . with expert Helen Driggs as your guide!
Take a journey through metal-jewelry making with Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist Senior Editor Helen Driggs. Discover every tool, technique, and tip you need to get started or to perfect your existing skills with our most comprehensive metal jewelry-making book yet. Containing 168 pages of basic (and not-so-basic) metalworking tool overviews, this authoritative book is structured like a complete course in metalsmithing.
The Jewelry Maker’s Field Guide: Tools and Essential Techniques walks you through the variety of metalworking tools available, offers guidance on setting up your studio, covers buying and organizing your tools, and gives expert advice on what tools to buy and when. Helen also offers a solid and logical overview of metalworking techniques and teaches sets of related skills, showing how different tools can achieve the same end result.
Starting with an introduction on how to use this hands-on learning book, this guide is broken out into six sections to easily find the information you are seeking. Covering a broad, but through, range of topics with this resource you’ll uncover:
- 24 step-by-step visual demos showing you exactly how to clean metal, file, solder, rivet, emboss, and much more.
- 13 applied techniques allowing you to build important skills in a sequence that will eventually be interconnected.
- 12 building blocks to help develop your foundational skills that you will need for a long and fascinating trip through the process of jewelry making.
- 4 metal jewelry projects combining several building blocks to encourage real-life skill practice.
By the end of the book you will be able to create well-crafted jewelry pieces with the right tools for the job. The Jewelry Maker’s Field Guide: Tools and Essential Techniques will be a resource you turn to again and again throughout your jewelry making—pick up your copy today!
|Number Of Pages||168|
|File/Trim Size||8.5" x 10.25"|
|Author/Designer||Helen I. Driggs|
- I LOVE this book!
- It fills in all of the gaps left from taking classes. I've sworn off taking more classes until I've gone through this entire book and done most of the projects. It's very well organized so I will be able to easily go back to review processes when needed. And it's written in a very clear and straight-forward style. Thank you Helen Driggs! (Posted on 7/15/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.