Jewelry Basics for the Hydraulic Press with Richard Sweetman Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this if:
- You want to add dimensionality to your metal sheet.
- You are looking for tips and tricks so you can master the hydraulic press.
- You want a metalsmithing process that can be replicated for easy multiples.
Boost your metalsmithing by adding three-dimensional die forming to your toolbox!
Join Richard Sweetman, an artist and teacher with more than 30 years of experience, for Jewelry Basics for the Hydraulic Press, a video workshop all about die pressing using a hydraulic press or a vise. Learn how to cut and prepare your own dies. Add personalization to your pressing by exploring a variety of metal choices and adding textures. In no time you’ll be creating your own unique three-dimensional jewelry with Richard’s expert instruction!
Download your copy of Jewelry Basics for the Hydraulic Press with Richard Sweetman today to:
- Learn how to cut your own unique die shapes out of plexiglass.
- Discover a budget-friendly alternative to the hydraulic press by using a vise to press metal.
- Troubleshoot any problems that might arise while die pressing with helpful hints from Richard.
- Create unique projects by rollerprinting a multitude of textures on a variety of metals.
- And more!
About the author:
Richard Sweetman is an artist and teacher of more than 30 years. He received his BFA from Colorado State University and his MFA from the University of Oregon. He worked as a goldsmith in San Francisco before accepting a teaching position at Arapahoe Community College in Denver. Richard built a very successful metals program at ACC. He currently runs a co-op metalsmithing studio in Denver. Visit zephyr-street-studio.com for more information.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Very well presented
I plan to build my own. As an Aeronautical Engineer I am familiar with this type process. We use a large Hydraulic Press (Mega Pounds of pressure). This is an excellent scaled down application of the process.
If Mr. Sweetman (or any others) have a plan to build a Spin Casting Machine to cast Pewter in Silicone molds, I would also like to build one of those. (Posted on 12/29/2015)
- Interesting, very usable technique
- This is a great video! Richard Sweetman shows very clearly how to make your own dies using 3/8" plexiglass and then use them to form metal wither with a hydraulic press or a vise. He gives great advice about which shapes are the easiest to use, what gauges of metal to use and how to create secondary effects such as ridges that help define the shape. He also has good troubleshooting tips. (Posted on 5/4/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.