Introduction to Stranded Knitting: Techniques and Tricks Online Workshop
Join Kyle Kunnecke to learn the ins and outs of standed knitting including an intro to colorwork techniques, how to read charts and an overview of locked floats!
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
Are you left stranded looking for the perfect way to learn colorwork knitting? This technique has been intimidating to some knitters—until now. In this online Online Workshop we’ll unlock the secrets of stranded knitting as you learn the ins and out of colorwork with designer, author, and instructor Kyle Kunnecke. This online Online Workshop will give you an overview of color theory (including tips for choosing the best color combos), the basic techniques of stranded knitting, tips on how to easily read charts, and an overview of locked floats so there’s no more loose strands to catch on the back of your fabric!
- Understanding color dominance
- Swatching flat and in the round
- Locking yarn floats or Armenian knitting
- Reading and managing charts
- Managing two yarns at once
- Introduction to Stranded Knitting
- Color Theory Review
- Stranding Basics
- Reading a Chart
- Locking Yarn Floats
Materials Required:At least 2 yarns in different colors, circular knitting needles, stitch markers, and a tapestry needle.
Introduction to Stranded Knitting: Techniques & Tricks Online Workshop Includes:
Discussion board: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, and express your inspirations.
Gallery: Share images of your work where you can give and receive feedback from fellow students.
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Bonus material: A practice chart and hat pattern from the book Urban Knit Collection by Kyle Kunnecke.
Matching Pairs Game: Test your knowledge with interactive questions after you complete the lessons.
Optional Assignments: Enhance your skills with a hands-on learning experience as you interact with fellow students. You’ll be able to knit a colorwork swatch and upload pictures to compare to swatches in the Online Workshop, plus add commentary on your individual experience.
Video Lessons: Run Time ≈ 90 minutes
The video content of this Online Workshop is now available in a downloadable format! For details, see 'Navigating Your Online Workshop' after purchase.
About the Instructor:San Francisco designer Kyle Kunnecke has a not-so-secret passion for color work. Through his fiber workshops, he provides inspiration to his students, exploring the skills necessary to continue their personal knitting journeys. His patterns are published in numerous knitting books and magazines, by yarn companies, and under his label, Kyle William. Learn more about Kyle and his work at www.kylewilliam.com.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.