Intro to Chain Making with Ann Cahoon: Single Loop-in-Loop Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn how to make your own chain.
- You are searching for a precise tutorial on chain construction.
- Have a desire to learn how to make your own chain at home.
Confidently create chain at home!
Join Ann Cahoon for Intro to Chain Making, her video workshop that will teach you all the necessary steps to create a single loop-in-loop chain. Through this workshop you will learn each precise step that is needed for creating your own chain including annealing, forming your own jump rings, fusing jump rings, weaving a chain, and important finishing steps. With Ann's attention to detail, clear steps, and expert direction, feel comfortable to start creating your own chain at home and master this meticulous technique.
Download your copy of Intro to Chain Making today to:
- Learn how important consistency is to chain making, including annealing steps, alignment, and fusing your rings correctly.
- Be in the know with important tool considerations, technique details, and crucial steps.
- Explore two alternative ways to form and cut consistent jump rings.
- See each step up close including warning signs for overheating during the fusing process and poorly fused jump rings.
- And so much more!
About the Artist:
After receiving an honors double BFA in Jewelry and Ceramics from the Maine College of Art in 1998, Ann Cahoon continued her training at Boston's North Bennett Street School. She completed their prestigious Jewelry Making and Repair program in 2002. It was this grounding in both the creative and technical sides of the jewelry industry, coupled with her lifelong belief that everyone has the capacity to create, which inspired her to start teaching almost immediately after graduating. Learn all about setting faceted stones from Ann with her two videos Metalsmith Essentials: Introductions to Gemstone Setting and Metalsmith Essentials: How to Set Fancy Shaped Faceted Stones.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Absolutely the Best Instructional DVD I've Ever Watched
I can't say enough wonderful things about Ann Cahoon's teaching ability. I was taking a metal arts class in college and was struggling
to make a three way chain. Ann's instructions helped me get an 'A' on my project. Every step in the process of chain making was explained clearly and concisely. Ann is a pleasure to watch and listen to. There were plenty of close-ups so you could see what she is actually doing. I'm not sure what difficulty the earlier reviewer incountered but my download and DVD had a part two that covered all aspects of finishing a chain. If you want to learn how to make Etruscan/Roman chain, this is the DVD for you. (Posted on 5/18/2016)
- Excellent Teacher
- Ann is an excellent teacher and I could listen to her all day and not get tired of her voice. To me that is very important. Some teachers I cannot listen to for very long. The only complaint, and it's very disappointing, is that she did not go over the drawing of the chain or finishes like it states in the description. So you cannot finish a chain with this video! Therefore I took 2 stars off. If I had know this, I would not have purchased this and wasted $20 but would have bought the complete video not just the intro one. Shame on you guys!! (Posted on 10/28/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.