Interweave's Compendium of Finishing Techniques eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
For the first time, an abundant collection of fabric finishing techniques is presented in a single book! This invaluable compendium offers finishing methods for weavers, knitters, sewers, embroiderers, crocheters, or anyone interested in the textile arts. From basic to esoteric, simple to elegant, or plain to highly decorative, these finishes can be applied to most any fabric - woven, knitted, crocheted, handmade or purchased. Each technique is clearly presented with text, illustrations, and photographs of examples created in the technique. In the years ahead, this book will become your most-prized reference for all of your finishing needs.
- The braids and cords are very well done, but the rest leaves much to be desired. (Posted on 12/12/2015)
- Good reference
- This is a great reference as it covers a number of subjects. While I have other reference books that provide better explanations for some individual techniques, the advantage of this book is that it covers so much. (The other books I have are dedicated to one topic, e.g.. knitting, so I expect them to have more detail.) I like the way it is laid out, and it is very easy to find things; the page layout is clean and uncluttered. The PDF version is fine for me, as I can enlarge it on-screen, or even print a single page. I have both paper and electronic books and love them all! (Posted on 2/8/2015)
- Good presentation
Compendium of Finishing Techniques is an excellent reference book with plenty of useful information. I hesitated to purchase the e-book version simply because I have not found needlework reference books to be particularly helpful in the past. If you have the same opinion, I would advise you to purchase the paper version of this book. The content is great, and presented with plenty of illustrations, but I wish I had purchased this one in print format.
I would definitely recommend the book because of its content. Just be sure you consider the best format for your use. (Posted on 11/25/2014)
- Love it!
- I bought the download version, but I will be getting this in print also. It is wonderful and full of ideas that I would never have thought of on my own. It is lovely to look at on my screen and I can tell the printed version is going to be beautiful, elegant, and soothing to look at. Everything is explained simply, and the pictures show the stitches wonderfully. I have no doubt this is going to be one of, if not at the top of, my favorite weaving book list! (Posted on 11/10/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.