Interweave Escapes Knitting Retreat: Stowe, Vermont - May 31 - June 3, 2018
Interweave Escapes is a unique way for knitters to come together, learn from a knitting expert and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow devotees in this intimate, retreat-style setting.
On May 31 – June 3, 2018 Interweave Escapes is traveling to Stowe, Vermont to enjoy this exclusive event. We will be staying at the beautiful Trapp Family Lodge for a one-of-a kind, all inclusive knitting getaway. There will be two workshops – one from Laura Nelkin and one fromBeth Brown-Reinsel, delicious gourmet meals, a tour of the Trapp Brewery followed by a tasting, a private History tour, and a special 1.5 hour presentation by Laura Nelkin “A Day in the Life of a Knitwear Design”. Join us for an amazing weekend enjoying the open mountain views of the Trapp Family Lodge, May 31 – June 3, 2018.
Spots are limited and going fast! Don't wait, these exclusive events sell out quickly.
There will be two three-hour knitting workshops: one with Laura Nelkin and one with Beth Brown-Reinsel:
The Reversible Undulating Waves Scarf with Laura Nelkin: The Reversible Undulating Waves Scarf is a gorgeous beaded scarf that’s perfect for taking your knitting to the next level. It is based on a beaded reversible lace stitch that is worked on both the knit and purl sides of the fabric. This double-sided lace allows the beads to float on the yarn-overs, creating waves of “bling.” In this workshop, Laura covers choosing yarn for working with beads, shopping for beads, working lace with beads, reading charts, and some advanced lace knitting techniques.
Introduction to Twined Knitting with Beth Brown-Reinsel: Curious about the 400 year-old Swedish technique of Twined Knitting? In this three hour class, knit one of a pair of wristers while learning traditional cast-on, twined knitting, twined purling, and patterning (the "O" stitch, the Crook stitch). Learn how to manage your yarns so that untwisting becomes a cinch! Reading Twined Knitting charts is also included.
Starting at just $1,795 per person (for double occupancy), this extremely limited event includes lodging at Trapp Family Lodge, all meals, workshops, brewery tour, history tour, and a gift bag. All taxes and gratuities are also included.
Single Room ($2,295 per person): Enjoy a room to yourself with luxury accommodations. All meals and activities included.
Double Room Occupancy: ($1,795 per person): Enjoy luxury accommodations and share a room with one of your favorite knitter friends! All meals and activities included for both guests.
Companion ($950 per person): Want to bring a non-knitting guest/spouse? All companions can participate in all non-knitting activities/meals.
Sugar Bush is the Official Yarn Sponsor of Interweave Escapes.
Upgraded rooms are available upon request. For additional questions please contact Doreen Connors at [email protected] or 516-498-7463
All photos courtesy of The Trapp Family Lodge.
No refunds will be provided within 90 days of the event.
|Product Type||Live Event Registration|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.