Interweave Crochet Workshop: Colorful Crochet with Kathy Merrick Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Interweave Crochet Workshop: Colorful Crochet with Kathy Merrick
Join crochet expert and designer Kathy Merrick on this crochet workshop to experiment and play with color in crochet design. Take inspiration from art, photos, nature, fabrics, and even your own instincts to observe colors. With this workshop, you'll look to yarn for influence, train your eyes to pick up on color characteristics, and learn to create both classy and fun, eye-popping crochet designs.
With Colorful Crochet with Kathy Merrick, you'll learn how to:
- Use simple crochet stitches to make designs look complex with Kathy's demonstrations and step-by-step instruction.
- Design using stripes, blocks, and crochet motifs.
- Balance color in your crochet projects for either subtle or eye-catching results.
- Create color in your work, using the magic eight ball method to create randomness.
Plus, Kathy will share her tips for no-fuss finishing, hook choices for crochet designing, and expert advice for designing for the effects you're looking for. Experiment with crocheting with color with Kathy's FREE Crescent Shawl Pattern included with this workshop.
Add some pop to your crochet wardrobe and learn to trust your color instincts with Kathy's help, and you'll be designing colorful crochet in no time!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File Type||MP4, PDF|
- Very good video
This is an excellent video if you are interested in learning about color or ways to incorporate more color into your crochet.
I am secretly drawn to color in all aspects of my life, but usually shy away from adding so much color in my crochet work. I do not feel adequate to crochet such beautiful pieces demonstrated in the video. But, Kathy challenged me beyond the color-wheel into to depths of thinking about color that were new and exciting to me.
In this video, Kathy demonstrates ways to add color -- lots of color -- to projects. I particularly liked the tips about the yarn and hook sizes, changing colors, how to think about color combinations, and where to draw inspiration. It was fascinating and encouraging to watch a truly talented designer think about ways to overcome challenges in both design elements and the use of colors. After watching the video once (I'm on my fourth time now), I purchased a copy of her book -- I will be challenged for a long time!
I would like a bit more clarity in making the raglan sweater, though. The sample is beautiful and the demonstration, work-in-progress project is exquisite. I would appreciate if that pattern, along with the work-in-progress fibers and colors, could be available with the video, or at least a reference to it if published elsewhere. Sarah -- thanks for demonstrating for right-hand crochet.
Kathy ... thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, ideas, inspirations, challenges, and strategies.
(Posted on 10/24/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.
Regular Price: $17.00
Special Price $14.99