Inspired To Knit: Creating Exquisite Handknits
Get inside the artistic mind of talented knitwear designer Michele Rose Orne and discover her secrets to creating beautiful handknits for any season of the year. Inspired to Knit features four mini workshops with twenty-one patterns and spectacular photography conceptualized to help knitters think creatively, find inspiration in their surroundings, and shape those elements into garment design. Along the way knitters will pick up invaluable tips and tricks of the trade plus a wealth of inspiration.
Stunning patterns are arranged by season, reflecting the colors and beauty of nature that inspires Michele's feminine designs. From an amber beaded cardigan that captures the feeling of hay fields drying in the sun to a long, belted coat with a spray of feminine coral roses inspired by flowers in her local market to an intarsia jacket that evokes memories of a fall hike in a forest, each pattern is rich with color, detailing, and romantic knitting style. Design workshops throughout the book guide and challenge readers to find inspiration in their surroundings, build color palettes, swatch creatively through knitting and sketching, and finesse their style and fit. Think more creatively about knitting and unleash your inner designer with Inspired to Knit!
Reviews: "A lovely book that should inspire designers and want-to-be designers alike."-About.com Guide to Knitting
"If you've ever wondered how a designer comes up with his or her ideas, and how you might yourself go from a general idea about a color or a theme and come up with your own knitwear designs, this is a great book to check out. It may just get you to build your own vision boards and get you started looking at how patterns come together in a new way."-About.com Guide to Knitting
"If you are looking for knitting inspiration... look no farther than Inspired to Knit."-Bangor Daily News
"If you are an advanced knitter looking for sophisticated and feminine designs that could have stepped out of an Anthropologie catalogue... Inspired to Knit is the knitting book for you."-Blogcritics.org, Alyse Wax, Blogcritics.org
"Stunning. This is some of the loveliest, most innovative work I've seen in a quite a while. It's a rare book that contains multiple patterns that I love enough to knit. Rarer still that one arrives in which I want to knit everything."-Brenda Dayne, host, Cast On: a podcast for knitters
"This book is wonderfully presented, beautifully photographed, and well written. This book will certainly become a core to a knitter's design library."-Knit 'N Style
"5 out of 5 possible stars. This is a fantastic book."-Knitting News
"These sweater patterns-and they are primarily all sweaters, blouses, halter tops, or something like that-are just beautiful to look at, lush and finely detailed. The details are exquisite."-KnittingScholar.com
"There is so much and such deep information in this book you really need to read it to get the full impact. Of course you could just lose yourself in patterns. They are challenging and intriguing. I found myself reading patterns just to figure out how she did that."-Knitty.com
"The mini-workshops along with thoughtful pattern design just beg knitting groups to dive in with their own interpretations."-MonstersandCritics.com
"Stunning from start to finish. This is one book for which the "Inspired" in the title is no overstatement. Orne's a true master of details.... Intricate, uncommon, beautiful."-Yarn Market News
|Number Of Pages||152|
|Author/Designer||Michele Rose Orne|
- Inspired to Knit by Michele Rose Orne
- If I could do one thing over it would be to learn, as a child, to see as Michele Rose Orne sees. That's when I learned to follow a pattern and to knit. When you read about this author of Inspired to Knit, you (Posted on 6/7/2012)
- Inspired to Knit
- 19 lovely knitted patterns with designer's original sketches and notes on the pattern. Discusses the designer's inspiration for the pieces and provides workshops on finding inspriration, colour, swatching and fitting. This is an inspiring book and made me think I might just be able to make some choices with regard to colour, yarn and fit on my own!!! (Posted on 10/6/2011)
- Love it but had to customise it
- I just finished knitting the Snowdrift Cardigan (the one on the front page of the book), inpired by the beautiful cable pattern. But in the end made a few changes to the finishing touches: changed the zip (sporty look) for a more feminine look with buttons, made it longer by adding a flared edging at the bottom to make it longer and used a very different yarn. So the end result is quite different but still lovely and the cable does all the ''work'' of charming the ''audience''. I love your work Michele Rose. Thanks. :-) (Posted on 10/18/2010)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.