Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams
You’ll Love This Mixed Media Clay Project Book If:
- You want to learn the basics of working with epoxy clay in mixed media projects
- You love making mixed media art & want to try new jewelry, décor, and crafting projects
- You love the artistic style of Kerin Gale
Get started creating exciting epoxy clay art with the mixed media techniques and tips found in Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams by Kerin Gale. Using these essential building blocks you can create special, unique clay art pieces. Learn how to make epoxy clay jewelry, home accessories, decorative art and much more. Challenge your creativity, try something new and discover all you need to know in order to work with epoxy clay safely and professionally.
The step-by-step mixed media art projects featured in Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams also include a mirror, an evening bag&Mdash;even an aquarium. Topics covered include how to make clay molds, paint on epoxy clay and even combine epoxy clay with polymer clay for additional solutions. Make your own texturing tools and much more with the expert instruction from Kerin Gale.
In the Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams eBook You’ll Learn:
- Tips and techniques for how to make clay molds more realistic
- How to make epoxy jewelry, lighting fixtures, decorative art, and other nontraditional pieces using epoxy clay in step-by-step projects
- How to make your own texturing tools and techniques for painting aged finishes on epoxy clay
" If you enjoy mixed-media art, I believe that as you start playing around with the projects in this book your imagination will begin to expand on some of the possibilities. It won't be long before your sense of adventure, if allowed to, will start to take over and then you, too, will experience the magic." — Kerin Gale
Check Out This Excerpt From Inspired Remnants, Curious Dreams:
Tips for Working With Mixed Clay
- Use hand lotion or Liquid Gloves before handling or mixing. If the clay tends to stick to your hands use lots of lotion (any inexpensive one is fine). Even lathering the lotion on several times while mixing will not impede the curing of the clay. It will slightly change the surface to become shinier, but that is the only difference I’ve noticed. Also, stretching the clay will make it seem stickier than compressing it will.
- Let the clay rest for a few minutes after mixing. Place on a nonstick surface (silicone craft sheet or the back of a silicone mold).
- Wipe the clay from your hands and tools often with alcohol-based disposable wipes. (Using these wipes to remove the clay before actually washing your hands in the sink will help prevent your drain from clogging.) Keep these handy; you will love how great they work to clean up the clay (also good for resin too). If you happen to have an alcohol-free formula, you can add rubbing alcohol to them.
- If you forget to wipe uncured clay from your tools when you’re done using them, you can usually remove any buildup with drywall sanding screen.
- If the clay becomes difficult to remove from the container, it can be microwaved for a few seconds at a time to soften the clay.
- If you are working on a multi-step project, you can mix up a larger volume of clay and put some aside in the refrigerator or freezer to delay the cure time. Remember that since this is a chemical process, the clay will still cure rock hard, even in the freezer, and will be fully cured in about twenty-four hours.
|File/Trim Size||8.25 x 10.875|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.