Inkle Weaving A to Z: The Basics and Beyond DVD
Join Jane Patrick in a Two-Hour Workshop All About Inkle Weaving!
Inkle weaving is portable, versatile, and fun for weavers of any age or experience level. With these clever little weaving looms, you can weave bands (inkle, after all, means "band") with simple patterns or complex ethnic designs, or make novelty trims for clothing, accessories, and home décor.
In this video, Jane Patrick teaches the basics and explains the imaginative possibilities of inkle weaving:
- Warping the inkle loom—Learn how to set tension, make heddles, tie the heddles on to the loom, measure warp threads on the warping pegs, and change colors.
- Weaving on the inkle loom—Learn how to load a shuttle, make a shed, establish width, create a tight a consistent weave, secure in ends, change yarns, advance the weave, and finish a band
- Basic inkle-weaving patterns—Learn how to create a variety of simple patterns from horizontal bars, vertical wavy lines, dots, and more, and putting them all together, plus discover how to use color to create simple, yet stunning designs.
- Reading and designing inkle drafts—Understand abbreviations, learn to use graph paper to create your own designs, and figure out your own process for note keeping.
- Yarns for inkle weaving—Learn how to pick the right yarns for your project, fiber type, size of yarn, and novelty yarns—and learn which yarns that may not be suitable for inkle weaving.
- Weaving and designing pick-up patterns—Learn how to weave pick-up patterns from very simple to extremely complex, use a pick-up stick to create repeating patterns, and design patterns for pick-up.
- Traditional pebble-weave patterns and weaving letters
- More ideas for inkle patterning—Learn rep weave and other multi-shuttle weaves, weaving a tube, weaving weft fringes, weaving inlay, turning weft-faced patterns to warp-faced, and painting on the warp
- Finishing techniques for inkle fabric—Discover finishing techniques like knotting, twining, wrapping, macramé, braiding, twisting, and sewing in the ends.
This video also includes a booklet of projects to get you started. With Jane’s expert and enthusiastic help, you’ll soon be enjoying the endless fun of inkle weaving.
Inkle Weaving A to Z is sponsored by Schacht Spindle Co. Inc., producer of high quality floor looms, specialty looms, spinning wheels, accessories, and parts. Visit their website at www.schachtspindle.com to learn more about their inkle loom, browse their full product line and find a dealer near you.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.