I Love Patchwork! 21 Irresistible Zakka Projects to Sew
Create sophisticated patchwork projects in the popular Japanese zakka style of the art of seeing the savvy in the ordinary and mundane by combining linen and print fabrics using simple quilting techniques.
Sewing doesn't have to be complicated to achieve innovative results. Create sophisticated patchwork projects in the popular Japanese zakka style -- the art of seeing the savvy in the ordinary -- by combining linen and print fabrics using simple quilting techniques.
I Love Patchwork! offers a modern approach to this sewing technique that will appeal to beginning to intermediate sewers and quilters.
You will learn basic sewing, quilting, and patchwork techniques combined with applique and stamping to create inventive, useful projects. Learn how to buy, work with, and care for linen, plus how to choose colors for maximum effect.
Patterns range from a travel sewing kit, sewing machine cover, fabric covered box, table runner, apron, eco bag, towels, calendar, lap quilt, tote bag, mobile, pillow, pencil cases, shoulder bag, and much more.
All projects use natural linen paired with colorful patchwork; in addition to simple fabric piecing techniques, projects include many types of easy embellishments such as ribbons, buttons, stamping, applique and hand and machine embroidery.
These sophisticated projects are small enough to work up quickly using bits of fabric from the your stash, with charming design details that are easy and fun to make.
From home decor and gift items to wearable accessories and baby items, all projects require only basic sewing skills to get stylish results.
|Number Of Pages||144|
|File/Trim Size||8.6 x 0.5 x 9 inches|
- Where's my book !?!
- Okay, I just saw the info about this book, I fell in love, ordered it, looked in the mailbox and it's not there. Darn, have to wait till it gets here. How I wish it would just appear in the mail box as soon as I pay for it! Will do a real review when it arrives. Can't wait to do the button calendar. (Posted on 12/3/2010)
- Irresitible is right!
- Loosely translated Zakka means "miscellaneous goods" but as the author talks about in her introduction it has really grown into it''s own aesthetic design style that''s focussed on everything from household items to personal accessories. And that''s exactly what you''ll find plenty of in this book: 21 very fun and engaging projects to sew that are suitable for just about any skill level. Directions for each project are clearly written and easy to follow and you''ll also find some helpful diagrams and illustrations to accompany a lot of them. You''ll find a wide variety of projects in this book ranging from personal accesories like the cosmetic bag, pencil case, patchwork bordered apron and fold up eco bag; household items like placemats, kitchen towels, table runner, utensil basket and coasters and things for your sewing room that include a pincushion, sewing machine cover and a travel sewing kit. The author uses linen combined with cotton patchwork for all of her examples but any of these projects would be equally as charming done in cotton or even denim. Whether you''re a beginner or experienced sewer you''ll enjoy the projects in this book. (Posted on 12/31/2009)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.