Hydraulic Press Jewelry Making with Lexi Erickson: Bear and Cross Link Bracelet plus Pierced Pendant with Copper on Silver Overlay DVD
Discover expert information on a variety of jewelry-making techniques from Lexi Erickson as she shares helpful hydraulic press hints.
You'll love this if:
- You want to make the most out of the hydraulic press you have access to or are thinking about purchasing.
- You are interested in using the hydraulic press to produce multiples instead of sawing the same shape again and again by hand.
Join Lexi Erickson, an experienced jewelry teacher and artist, as she walks you through the process of using a hydraulic press as a fast and easy alternative to the jeweler's saw in this workshop DVD. Discover Lexi's techniques and rules for soldering and learn the secret to buffing and hand finishing techniques so you can achieve a perfect high polish. Plus, expand your jewelry sales when you learn how to utilize the hydraulic press as an easy way to make multiple components from metal sheet. From inspiration all the way through fabrication and finishing techniques, join Lexi for these step-by-step tutorials and start creating outstanding jewelry today!
Order your copy today to:
- Learn how to use a hydraulic press and make multiple copies of a pattern using a pancake die
- Discover Lexi's tips and tricks for successful soldering as you overlay copper onto silver metal sheet.
- Add dimension to your jewelry components with hammers, dapping tools, and metal punches.
- Make your jewelry designs shine when you use a buffing wheel and hand tools to create a high polish.
- And so much more!
About the Expert:
Lexi Erickson is a Contributing Editor for Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist and Jewelry Making Daily. Lexi has a Master's Degree in Jewelry Design and Fabrication and has also studied with some of the leading teachers from the US and Canada. She has been teaching high school through university level jewelry courses for 30 years, and has been called the “Queen of Soldering” in the Interweave publications, and is a popular Bead Fest teacher. Her favorite quote is “A day without soldering is a day without sunshine.” She lives in Denver, Colorado with her family and a large menagerie of puppies and kitties.
- Could have been better
- Lexi is a great instructor, but I thought this provide would have provided a more in-depth illustration of the uses of the hydraulic press. (Posted on 12/13/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.