You’ll love this if:
- You are a beadwork artist looking for new techniques in the world of beading.
- You want to create glamorous projects through the adaptable Hubble Stitch
- You want to learn about beaded elements and techniques that are both versatile and creative
Owner of the U.K.-based Bead School, Melanie de Miguel shares her passion for the technical side of beading with you so you can master the Hubble Stitch. Hubble Stitch: Instructions & Inspiration for this Creative New Lace Beadwork Technique has been a top seller in the U.K. due to its step-by-step guide, innovative content and inspiring Hubble stitch projects that come with complete instructions. Work with the basic Hubble, then journey through the 2-Drop, 3-Drop, Horizontal Spaced Out Hubble, Inverted Hubble and so many more that you will quickly fall in love with the delightful look of this beading technique!
This brand new stitch can be a challenge, but Melanie breaks down the process of creating lacy beadwork into an easily followed guide manual. Her stitch was also featured in the October/November 2015 issue of Beadwork, and she writes that the name came from the “element of herringbone and ladder stitch...which I abbreviate to HB and L in my beadwork patterns. Put them together and you get HBL, or hubble!” (Beadwork, Oct/Nov 2015). Join in on this new and exciting stitch, and design statement pieces that are sure to be conversation starters!Order your copy of Hubble Stitch: Instructions & Inspiration for this Creative New Lace Beadwork Technique today to:
- Become a part of the beading community that is integrating this new stitch into their designs
- Delve into 12 projects that feature bracelets and cuffs, earrings, a necklace, Hubble ropes, a ring, and more
- Learn about the different methods of this versatile stitch, such as Hubble-in-the-Round stitch and the 3 forms of Vertical Spaced Out Hubble stitch so you can create original designs
- Incorporate innovation into future beadwork designs through the application of Hubble Stitch
- And so much more!
About the Author:
Melanie de Miguel is a renowned UK beadwork artist and tutor. Her passion for the technical side of beading, the thread paths and how they influence bead positions in relation to each other stem from her scientific background. These combined fascinations have led her to create Hubble Stitch.
|Number Of Pages||112|
|Author/Designer||Melanie de Migel|
- I'm really impressed with this book. The information and pictures are excellent and very clear and make it very easy to learn this stitch. I was hubbling in no time. (Posted on 8/16/2016)
- Love New Stitches
- I've only made one item from the book so far, but enjoyed learning this new stitch. It's lacy and kinda slinky as a bracelet and looking forward to making something else soon, perhaps trying 2-drop this time. One of the things I really liked was learning how to make the slide closure look dressier by adding daisy spacers to fill the loops. I'd never seen this before, don't know why I didn't think of it myself as I like the slides a lot, but glad I know about it now. (Posted on 6/9/2016)
- Pretty Good
- What I have found in trying to learn this stitch is that page numbers and pictures do not match. I spend time looking for the correct picture to go w page number for clarification and they do not match. This makes attempting to put all of this together to learn a new stitch difficult. (Posted on 6/2/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.