How to Spin Art Yarns Video Download
Join Esther Rodgers in this 90 minute video workshop and learn how to begin spinning with batts, top, locks, and a variety of add-ins. Esther will walk you through the sometimes challenging but always exiting world of how to spin textured art yarn.
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
How to Spin Art Yarns Video Download with Esther Rodgers
Video Download | 90 min
In How to Spin Art Yarns, Esther Rodgers shows you how to spin a variety of creative yarns, with textures from smooth to wild. If you've ever wanted to improve your corespinning, create coiled yarns, or incorporate luxurious locks of fiber into your yarn, you'll find the answers in over 90 minutes of step-by-step instruction. Join Esther in this video workshop, and learn how to begin with batts, top, locks, and a variety of add-ins. Esther will walk you through the sometimes challenging but always exiting world of textured yarn.
- Four different ways to spin fleece and locks
- How to manage twist while corespinning
- Plying techniques to maximize texture and color play
- How to incorporate unusual materials such as feathers, sequins, and beads
Whether you want to make exuberant novelty yarns or just add a bit of texture to your repertoire, spinning art yarns will expand your spinning.
Download your copy of How to Spin Art Yarns today!
About Esther Rodgers:
Esther Rodgers is a writer, teacher, and fiber artist whose business is known as Jazzturtle. She began her spinning career exploring the world of texture and art spinning and merging it with function. She has taught classes all over the world and makes her home in North Carolina.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- Love Esther, Not Thrilled With Interweave
- Great teacher, mediocre production
- Good Corespinning and lockspinning infromation
The video is also let down especially in the second half by bad camera/editing work. There are a number of occasions where the camera is focused on Ester's face instead of her hands and you are left guessing as to what is going on.
There is still some worthwhile information in here if you are interested in art yarn spinning and corespinning especially, but the name, editing, etc lets it down. (Posted on 11/26/2017)
- Not what I was hoping for
- The video is quite heavy on core spinning and lock spinning. I was hoping for more information on coils. Look elsewhere if you wanted to learn about spinning beehives. Esther Rogers is a great teacher and I learned a few techniques I may use but I can't believe how often the camera didn't focus on her hands to show what she was doing or so you could see the detail of the yarn she made. Why is there a 30 day Money-Back Guarantee label on the listing for a video download if you don't offer a refund for downloaded products? (Posted on 7/29/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.