How to Sew a Bag that's Sturdy + Stylish Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll never hear a woman say she has too many bags. Such a dilemma doesn’t exist! We love bags in all colors, styles, and sizes so every outfit is fabulously accessorized, which is precisely why Linda Lee’s Workshop is a must.
Learn how to sew bags and totes exactly to your liking when you tune into Stitch Contributing Editor Linda Lee’s easy-to-follow guidance. She will share her favorite techniques for making stylish bags that will hold up to the rigors of everyday life. Learn how to choose the right bag for you and how to select materials such as fabrics, lining, interlining, and straps. Discover techniques for installing zippers, from exterior to interior to top closure; attaching the lining and handles; constructing corners and bottoms; and working with hardware. Walk away with solid sewing knowledge that you can use in the making of any bag you desire!
Get ready to have ah-ha moments aplenty when discover the perfect use for materials and fabric you likely already have stored in your sewing studio.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- OK for beginner
The video was interesting and showed me a couple of new ideas. However, it shows no structured bags - only very simple totes. It is definitely geared toward beginner bag makers. I have made close to 100 bags and was hoping for much more detailed information.
So, if you want to make simple totes with a few zippered pockets, this may be the video for you. If you are looking to make structured, stand alone bags, you might as well save your money and skip this.
Interweave, please make a great detailed video on all aspects of fabric bag making!! (Posted on 2/24/2015)
- Liked the Bags
- I liked the bags that were demonstrated. As with some of the other comments, some information was missing. I wanted to actually make one of the bags she was demonstrating but I wanted more details on how to make a specific bag, such as how much fabric, sizes of the pieces she cut, etc. Not sure if there is a pattern or if this information is in a book or???? (Posted on 5/30/2014)
- missing info on box bottom
I was going to buy this.But i won't until I see that the video has been corrected to add the missing info..
please mark is as corrected video and I will buy this.
Cheryl (Posted on 2/14/2014)
- good but I would like the missing content
- I thought this workshop was well done and had many valuable tips, but as a previous reviewer said, some content was missing. The presenter left to 'do some sewing', but when she returned she did not cover the two things she had referred to before the break. It seemed as though that content was accidentally edited out. Perhaps a pdf could be created giving the missing tips and made available to those who have purchased the video? (Posted on 11/29/2013)
- Disjointed and omissions
- I purchased this video at 14.95. Had trouble downloading and had to write 2X to find out it was technical problem (not mine) had to do use an extra step to bypass streaming. Not sure if there were omissions due to downloading problem or poor editing. i.e.. She draws attention to the bottom of the "downtown bag" and says later she will show how to make a box bottom- never does. She sews up one side seam and says she will finish and come back to show tricks on how to sew the lining and turn the bag - never does. This is always a technical problem when making a bag and I purchased the video to learn how she solves this. A few tips may be worth the 8.97 price but I'm not sure the time spent watching is worth it. Very disappointing (Posted on 10/4/2013)
- Poorly made or edited
- First I had trouble downloading this product as it would only stream. It was a technical problem and was bypassed with instructions after I wrote twice to customer service. But the workshop video itself has omissions. She draws attention to the bottom of the bag when she is preparing to sew the side seems and states she will talk later about how to make a box bottom and then never does. After she sews one side seem of the bag she states she will come back and show a "trick on dealing with the lining and turning the bag" and never does. So she never demos how to finish the bag with lining inside. An important detail in bag making and one of the reasons I bought this workshop. (Posted on 10/4/2013)
- Great Video!
- The designer who presented the video is clear and detailed in this lesson. She is not at all boring and her voice is calming. I learned so much about bag making and I am so excited to start making some cool bags. She really shows that zippers don't have to be scary. (Posted on 8/20/2013)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.