How to Photograph Your Jewelry Online Workshop with Jim Lawson
Are you looking to capture beautiful and professional photos of your own handmade jewelry? Look no further than this online workshop! Join Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist photographer Jim Lawson as he takes you on a journey for an in-depth look at how to capture jewelry images. Based on his popular video, you’ll learn a variety of ways to accentuate your jewelry. From sparkling faceted beads and highly polished copper to natural stone pendants and sanded sterling silver, Jim Lawson provides expert advice on how to make your jewelry pieces look their best.
Discover how to capture your most stunning jewelry pieces with this online workshop: How to Photograph Your Jewelry Online Workshop with Jim Lawson. Based on Jim Lawson’s popular video, he will walk you through the essentials, starting with equipment and set-up, and venture into advanced techniques for making your jewelry pieces look beautiful and professional. Jim will provide an in-depth look at how to photograph and highlight the best features of your designs as well as different ways to accentuate different materials and types of jewelry.
- Meet Jim Lawson
- Jim’s Top 5 Tips
- Tools & Materials
Point & Shoot Essentials:
- Point and Shoot Success
- Using a Fill Card
- Checklist for Success
Beyond Point & Shoot:
- Beyond Point & Shoot Cameras
- Sparkle & Color
- Diffusion Frames
- Capturing Detail
- Creating a Gradient Background
- Q&A with Jim
- Point and shoot cameras
- DSLR cameras
- Fill cards
- Framing and positioning
- Diffusion frames
- Capturing detail
- Gradient backgrounds
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the course. It’s an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Optional Quizzes: Short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons.
Run time: ~ 101 minutes
About the Instructor:
Jim Lawson is well-known for his photography work with various Interweave publications, such as Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist magazine, Step by Step Wire magazine, and special projects and books. Throughout the course of his career as an advertising photographer, he became more and more involved with jewelry photography. He has also been active in teaching workshops for artists who want to photograph their own jewelry. This is one of those workshops!
To learn more about Jim, visit JimLawsonPhotography.com.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
|Difficulty Level||Beginner, Intermediate|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.