How to Photograph Your Jewelry DVD
Take stunning photos of your jewelry . . . In a snap!
Get expert tips and tricks on how to photograph your own jewelry. Join Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist photographer Jim Lawson for an in-depth look at capturing professional-looking photos of your handmade jewelry.
Discover different ways to accentuate a variety of materials and types of jewelry. From sparkling faceted beads and highly polished copper to natural stone pendants and sanded sterling silver, Jim covers how to make your pieces look their best.
Take a comprehensive look into photographing jewelry as you:
- Discover how to set up your light to maximize the look of your jewelry designs.
- See how the simple addition of fill cards dramatically improves the details of your jewelry.
- Get expert answers to frequently asked questions with jewelry professional Lexi Erickson.
- Uncover the secrets behind great photos with the use of gradient backgrounds, light diffusion screens, and more.
- Learn how to take quality photos with a point 'n' shoot camera and inexpensive setup.
- From juried photos to online selling, enhance your photos for maximum success.
- Explore insider tips on how to use computer programs to enhance your shoots.
- And more!
- Good, but what about metal and gemstones?
- Finally! Instruction that really makes sense!
Thank you so much for this carefully thought out, fine educational video.
The filming is skillfully executed to allow the viewer access to every aspect of the commentary content.
The sensible strategies are easily applied and suggestions lead to meaningful experimentation and happy solutions to less obvious issues.
A very happy Etsy and makers' market seller
Josie (Posted on 11/4/2016)
- Awesome resource for the Amateur Photographer
- This DVD has simple, down to earth explanations on how to do things. It also has lots of interesting tips on how to get the most out of your picture, and cost effective materials to set up a professional looking photo booth for the jewelry. This is a must have for anyone who is just getting started up. (Posted on 11/2/2016)
- Highly Recommend Both of Jim's (How to Photography Your Jewelry) DVD's!
For the past few years I have been searching for information on how to photograph jewelry for my website and until now had been unsuccessful. I am so grateful to Jim for sharing all of his knowledge and tips which have been extremely helpful. I highly recommend this DVD to anyone who is having problems photographing their jewelry.
(Posted on 8/25/2015)
- Great Information
- After watching this video I realized just how much I needed this information. I had been struggling to get good pictures of my jewelry pieces. Now I have set up a little window side studio in one of the rooms in my home. My pictures come out with detail and clarity that flatter the pieces I have put my time and hard work into. Highly recommend this for any one who is selling on line. Love it. (Posted on 12/28/2014)
- Good, but incomplete
The video itself is pretty good. It's disappointing that he doesn't offer more info about settings, but what really frustrates me is that specific information -- technical term definitions and how to read a histogram -- is *not* included in the PDF as is *promised* in the video.
Interweave owes an apology and an update to everyone who has purchased this DVD. (Posted on 11/27/2014)
- This video is simply fantastic. The advice is sound and clearly demonstrated. WORTH EVERY PENNY and more. (Posted on 1/23/2014)
- So Worth It!
- I will try to be brief. My husband and I recently started a new web site for our jewelry business. A couple of the concepts Jim talks about, I've been able to figure out on my own by trial and error. But he is able to take things a lot further for us by showing quick and inexpensive ways to achieve even better and more professional looking results. Oh the time and frustration it would have saved me had I watched this when I first downloaded it a couple weeks ago! The procedures he explains, and tips and tricks he not just explains, but actually shows, how to do are invaluable! I cannot encourage anyone enough to GET THIS RESOURCE. You won't regret it - it's worth every cent! (Posted on 4/10/2012)
- Get This Video!
- As someone who has struggled with jewelry photography for my etsy site, I highly recommend this practical, easy to follow video. From easy set design, to lighting and camera settings, this video made it easy to deliver the results I'd been trying to get on my own for a year. I've watched the video twice, and was able to get better photos right away. I went back and watched it again after I put some of the tips and techniques into practice, and upleveled the photos even more. The best part is that the video recommends affordable supplies, tools, and devices and provides sources for purchasing (or making) them. This video has truly been one of the best investments in my business I've made so far. (Posted on 4/10/2012)
- How to Photograph Your Jewelry
- I purchased the DVD version, and I love it. Jim Lawson makes it look so easy and simple. You don (Posted on 3/11/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.