How to Make the Most of The Ravelry Community
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Join Jennifer Raymond as she discusses how to use Ravelry, an online social database for knitters, crocheters and fiber-artists. Learn many key tips, tricks and shortcuts to make the most of this dynamic and helpful website.
Ravelry 102: Expanding Ravelry
Ravelry is an online social website for knitters, crocheters and fiber-artists With more than 4 million users, it is a wonderful social environment to interact with fellow hobbyists and share the skills that you love, as well as a great place to find patterns and yarns. This class focuses on how to use many of the social aspects of Ravelry.
Love Ravelry but want to get more? New to the online knitting world and need a little help? Run out of yarn and need to find some more to finish that project? Join Jennifer Raymond as she delves into the social side of Ravelry, explaining how to use the forums, how to make friends, connect with designers, review yarns and rate patterns. Enrich your fiber-arts experience while Jennifer shows you how to use Ravelry in read-time.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to connect with friends and find people in your area.
- Different ways to join and use groups to find out more about your interests.
- The best search method to find, rate, and review patterns and yarns.
- Tips on sharing your stash and finding others with the same yarn (for when you run out!)
- How to interact with people on the forums.
Jennifer Raymond is a knitting and crochet instructor who teaches up and down the East Coast, teaching at fiber festivals and Local Yarn Stores. Jennifer also designs patterns with Interweave, Annie’s, Classic Elite, Knitty, as well as through her business, Tinking Turtle Designs. Her curiosity, quirkiness, sense of humor and love of the fiber-arts imbibe both her classes and her designs. Find out more at www.tinkingturtle.com.
Who Should Attend:
- Knitters and crocheters interested in learning more about Ravelry.
- Ravelry users who want to get more out of their online experience.
- Knitters and crocheters interested in finding patterns and inspiration online.
- Crafters looking to find others in their geographic area.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- At the 12.99 price a reasonable value
- Not bad, most of my discontent was with Interweave not the teacher. You took much longer to get the link to the content than seemed reasonable, and only after several emails. Your request for a review was also annoying as you listed the price as substantially lower than what I had paid. (Posted on 3/22/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.