How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation Video Download
Join metalsmith Cynthia Eid and hone in your metal working skills so you can craft a beautiful handmade bead using Argentium Silver!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You'll love this if:
- You've worked your way through Cynthia's previous video, How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Intro and Soldering, and you want more inspiring instruction!
- You want to learn the best way to create a perfect seam between discs
- You love the look of Argentium Silver and how its shine can last through the years
Highly tarnish-resistant, easy to fuse, and beautiful to the eyes, Argentium Silver will become your new favorite material to work with as you create original designs! Having worked with silver for forty-five years, metalsmith Cynthia Eid shares her jewelry-making tips and tricks so you can advance your own skills. By learning how to apply granules to your pieces, you will be able to craft your jewelry in new and inventive ways. Before you dive into fusing, Cynthia explains which tools are best suited for your needs. Her techniques for annealing, quenching, fusing, and pickling allow you to work with Argentium Silver to its highest potential. You will also learn two different methods for attaching metals that are suited for the jeweler who wants a quick and easy project, and for the metalsmith who wants to take their time and work with the silver. Granulation is an ancient technique, and it is swiftly sweeping back into jewelry trends. Discover this metalworking practice and start designing professional and beautiful pieces of jewelry today!
Download your copy of How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation today to:
- Create an artistic bead using Argentium Silver that is highly tarnish resistant and long-lasting
- Explore different techniques that build upon your granulation and fusing skills
- Learn how to heat and cool, anneal, quench, and harden Argentium Silver
- Uncover dapping and soldering skills so you can better form metals in your future projects
- And so much more!
Watch a preview of How to Make Jewelry with Argentium Sterling Silver: Basic Fusing and Granulation now:
About the Expert:
Cynthia Eid is an educator, author, and metalsmith. She has won awards for her designs and has been featured in various publications. Since 1999, she has been working with Argentium Silver and enjoys sharing her passion for this alloy with others. She has a Master of Fine Arts in Metalsmithing and Jewelry Design from Indiana University, as well as a B.S. in Art Education.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|File/Trim Size||1.2 GB|
- Excellent information for newbie or a good review.
so I purchased Cynthia's dvds. They are a great review. I have recommended them to a few friends who admired my Argentium jewelry and they too have been successful.
The information is thoughtfully and throughly presented. Cynthia also includes safety tips and some very useful information on forming. She is a top notch jeweler and teacher and I feel lucky to have this valuable information in my collection. (Posted on 8/10/2017)
- A Waste of Time and Money
- I should have done a little more research on this download before I purchased it. The "tips and tricks" for successful granulation are simply repeats from material available for free on YouTube. She offered nothing new, other than a suggestion to order an expensive item in order to successfully dome a granulated disc. Even though she used the item, she still lost several pieces of granulation in the process. She also had to spend a LOT of time "fiddling" with the disc to form it into the proper shape because she didn't use a doming cube. Do yourself a favor and look up Soham Harrison on YouTube before you spend $19.95 on a download that contains very little in the way of new information. (Posted on 7/9/2016)
- Top Notch Video!
I've purchased all three of Cynthia Eid's videos on making jewelry with argentium.
They are very well done - thorough and informative. Argentium needs to be handled differently than sterling (or copper!), and Cynthia is careful to point out both the differences in handling, and the many benefits, of argentium.
In addition, Cynthia's techniques tips throughout the videos are wonderful. I learned just as much about general metalworking skills as about working with argentium. (Posted on 5/26/2016)
- Full of Tips and Tricks
I've been using Argentium Silver since 2008 and I do wish I'd found Cynthia Eid a long time ago. Now that I have, I'm very appreciative of all the knowledge she has and her willingness to share. I've picked up so many tips - lot's of "ah ha, so THAT'S why that didn't work before" moments.
Cynthia's teaching style is relaxed and easy going; it feels like I've been invited over for a studio play date. She packs Argentium Sterling Silver, Basic Fusing and Granulation full of tips and tricks. The camera work is excellent and I could clearly see and follow the techniques.
This is an exceptional addition to anyone's library. I highly recommend purchasing either the download (which I bought, because I'm not that good at waiting) or the DVD. (Posted on 2/26/2016)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.