Hip To Bead 32 Contemporary Projects for Today's Beader
Boutique-style beaded jewelry is hotter than ever, and with Hip to Bead it's now easier than ever to make. Each of the 32 projects features fashion-savvy designs created with stylish beads, pendants, and findings that are widely available. Readers learn basic techniques, like knotting, stringing, weaving, and working with wire to create a variety of contemporary projects.
Check out the embellished "cause" bracelets, a genius knotted and beaded belt, Rock 'n Roll Cuff, the Y Not? Necklace, Cha Cha Bracelet, Glamour Girl Chandeliers, the Mod Millefiori Necklace, a Clever Candle Wrap-even bead-embellished tank tops!
Helpful step-by-step instructions and illustrations guide readers through each project. Sidebar material includes color and length variations in addition to more extensive coverage of stringing materials, types of beads, and essential tools that readers will refer to again and again.
A resource section provides an indispensable list of suppliers that will make it easy to recreate every project in the book while inspiring you to create your own designs. This book is ideal for beginning beaders because they can start with basic earrings and simple strung necklaces before tackling more complex projects. Advanced beaders will revel in the contemporary project ideas that take their jewelry to the next level with modified designs and exciting new color combinations.
Reviews: "Katie will have you adding some zing to your jewelry box, home décor, even your clothes."-Get Creative
"Projects are trendy and easy to make, most taking just a few hours. Teens and young adults would really enjoy this."-About.com Guide to Jewelry Making
"The projects help to build skills as well as create finished pieces to wear."-Bead Unique
"Each of the 32 quick and easy, fashion-savvy projects builds your skill level."-Decorating Digest Craft & Home Projects magazine
"There's a slightly downtown feel to this decidedly not-uptight volume, which doles out details on 32 unusual projects. Think a chic antique button bracelet, a colorful millefiori glass bead necklace and a charm bracelet made with commonly found objects."-Washington Post Express
|Number Of Pages||96|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.