Handwoven Presents: Projects for Beginning Weavers Pattern Collection
Price as configured: $9.99 Regular Price: $14.95
If you're interested in having a go at hand weaving, then you've come to the right place! In this collection, you will find 5 challenging, but easy to accomplish patterns that will allow you to experiment, acquire new skills, and determine your preferences as a weaver that will lead you to more advanced techniques. Towels and shawls are a great starting place for brand new weavers. With step-by-step instructions to help you complete projects quickly and successfully, you will advance to more intermediate projects in no time!
Patterns Included in the Collection:
Napkins with Tracking by Margaret Gaynes
Digital Pattern featured in Handwoven, November/December 1991
Tracking produces the delicate twill-like pattern in these napkins. I consider tracking a magical gift from the weaving gods, so I don’t try to discourage it. I like having my fabrics look much more complex than they actually are.
Keep it Simple Towels by Mary Ann Geers
Digital Pattern featured in Handwoven, Summer 1985
These lovely towels are easy to weave and use inexpensive materials. Put on a long warp so you can make towels for your own kitchen as well as some for gifts.
With a white warp, you can weave each towel in a different weft color to match many different kitchen decors (white on white is wonderful, too!). The towels dry dishes well (a must!), do not need ironing (honest!), and the simple checked design suits every kitchen.
Bamboo Shawl by Robin Lynde
Digital Pattern featured in Handwoven, November/December 2006
When the weather gets cooler, you’ll love its wrap-around warmth of this exquisite shawl. Using a familiar weave structure like shadow weave with a new yarn can add excitement to any project. Bambu 7 is a multistrand 100% bamboo yarn comparable in size to 5/2 pearl cotton. It has a wonderfully soft and drapable hand, comes in over 100 colors, and is just the right weight for a shawl.
Huck Lace and Tencel Scarf by Kristen Kelley
Digital Pattern featured in Handwoven, March/April 2008
Weaving scarves in Tencel is wonderful due to its' eco-friendly nature—but also because fabrics woven in Tencel are easy to care for, and the yarn takes dye beautifully. Weaving an entire project in a single color can be a little intimidating, but the sheen and depth of color in Tencel will make this scarf a n absolute joy to weave.
Viking Draft for Towels by Gunnel Oresjo
Digital Pattern featured in Handwoven, September/October 2009
These towels are the result of a towel exchange held in 2008 by the Northern Colorado Weavers Guild. Dive into an opportunity to use a draft from the Viking era (analyzed by Agnes Geijer; see Resources). Ever wonder how weavers in the tenth century managed to weave this type of twill on the relatively primitive warp-weighted looms of that era? This project pays respect to the weavers of the past!
Download the Projects for Beginning Weavers Pattern Collection today!
- Great results on a 4-shaft loom
- All of these projects can be done on a 4-shaft loom. I am a new weaver, and made the huck lace and tencel scarf for my fourth project on a table loom, and wove the "Keep it simple" dish towels on a floor loom for my fifth weaving project. Both patterns were easy to follow, and I am thrilled with the results. (Posted on 1/12/2016)
- Type of loom
- Other reviewer made same comment. No loom information available. How am I to know if I can weave these projects if the type of loom isn't made available? This is a common problem with Handwoven and Interweave. So I don't buy. (Posted on 11/9/2015)
- Not enough info
- The description shown on interweave does not include what kind of loom are suitable for these beginner patterns (Posted on 8/5/2015)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.