Handwoven 1994-1995 Collection Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Discover all ten issues of Handwoven magazine, exactly as they were printed in 1994 and 1995.
Here’s a look at the weaving techniques, tricks, stories, and more you will find in these issues:
Learn all about the timeless beauty of overshot with articles and projects devoted to this ever-popular structure. Weave a modern fiesta runner in eight-block overshot or a beautiful nineteenth-century style coverlet. Also in this issue are instructions for weaving Bronson lace on a rigid-heddle loom.
Find fun projects for weavers of all ages in this issue’s special section on weaving with kids. Projects for young and old include colorful inkle-woven shoelaces and an adorable child’s tabard. More advanced weavers will enjoy the article on space-dyed chenille and accompanying projects.May/June 1994:
Boost your weaving repertoire with this special issue all about finger-manipulated weave structures. From Theo Moorman inlay to pick-up biederwand, laces, and more, there’s plenty to love in this issue of Handwoven. Projects include an elegant rose leno table mat and white rabbit tea towels in mock satin damask.
Create dazzling fabrics in crackle weave, from a polychrome crackle tablemat to a sweet crackle baby blanket. Learn everything you need to get started designing and weaving with this intriguing Swedish weave structure. Also featured in this issue is a special section on holiday weaving.
Give your old furniture new life by reupholstering it with your own handwoven fabric. Learn to design upholstery fabric that will put up with the wear and tear of everyday use. You can then further redecorate your home with canvas-weave curtains, ikat rugs, a twill pillow, and more in this issue devoted to designing for the home.
Take your weaving to the third dimension with projects that emphasize texture, including a luscious chenille throw in honeycomb and a versatile jacket in waffle weave. This issue also includes a special section all about overshot borders and designs.
Make a handwoven fashion statement with “origami” tops, a timeless kimono jacket, and other projects in this issue full of weaving to wear. Then, dress up your home with projects like a lacy daisy-chain runner and summer and winter dishtowels.
Take on tapestry weaving without fear! Learn to build or modify a small loom to weave your tapestries on, and then read up on different tips and techniques. Finally, make one of the beautiful tapestry projects like the butterfly necklace or the easy-to-weave mountain majesty clutch.
Explore the ever-versatile structure that is twill weave, from plaited to double-faced twills. Discover new twill treadlings by making a sampler you can use as a reference for years to come. Also in this issue is a section devoted to the long and varied history of weaving in the Puebloan Southwest.
Weave beautiful textiles inspired by the Arts and Crafts movement, including a fabulous Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired rug and throw pillows designed to look as if they were made from Oriental carpets. Other highlights include an article on loom-woven baskets and instructions on how to do network drafting without a computer.
As with all our Handwoven Collections, you get weaving inspiration at your fingertips. You can get this Collection as either a CD or Download. Just look at the advantages:
- Browse each issue quickly with a time-saving electronic index.
- Search keywords such as master weavers, weaving techniques, products or equipment.
- These Collections take up less space than print issues and won’t wear or tear.
- Save money when you get a whole collection of Handwoven than if you got the print issues individually.
Don't miss out on ten out-of-print issues of Handwoven! Get your copy of the Handwoven 1994-1995 Collection today!
These issues were scanned from the original print issues.
|Product Type||Magazine Collection|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.