Handspinning Rare Wools Video Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
In Handspinning Rare Wools, Deborah Robson explores fiber from 38 rare and endangered breeds of sheep from Great Britain and North America. Her knowledge of their history and characteristics is deep, her stories are intriguing, and her passion for saving and savoring the basic materials of our craft is palpable.
In Handspinning Rare Wools, Robson covers the most interesting and vulnerable of:
- Northern European short-tailed sheep (plus an intriguing mystery breed)
- Old British breeds introduced in Roman times
- Rare English longwools
- Classic English Down breeds
- Welsh and Border breeds
- American originals
- American feral and semi-ferals.
You'll learn that washing, carding, combing, spinning, and finishing these fibers is a never-ending experiment filled with surprises. You'll see the unexpected variety - from wool that feels like jute to wool that stretches and bounces back like tiny bungees. You'll hear stories about specific sheep breeders who have made a difference - a hundred or three hundred years ago. You'll have your ideas of fineness and softness and staple length turned on end.
|Product Type||Video Download|
- worth every penny
- this is an amazing video she does a great job of educating you not just on the breeds she covers but also on understanding of spinning and unusual breeds as well so that you get a general understanding of the breeds and as well as what to look for in fleeces. a great video for the intermediate to advanced spinner, (Posted on 12/2/2014)
- Wonderful discussion on wools
- I really enjoyed this video and its exploration of sheep wools around the world. Lots of history reviewed and I learned of a few sheep breeds that I hadn't heard of before. The passion from Deborah on preserving these animals is evident in several sections. We as fiber artists do truly have a passion for caring for animals too. Learned ways for using my mini combs through the video too. (Posted on 6/9/2014)
- Inspiring, educational and moving
- This video grabbed my attention immediately. I found myself enthralled by the different breeds, the quality of the wool, where they are located, and most importantly that because they are rare they have the potential of becoming extinct. The latter would be just horrible. I also loved the spinning and fiber prep tips that Deb demonstrated for the different breeds and wool quality. Deb's passion for rare breeds is clearly evident. I am looking forward to seeing her speak at Madrona Winter Retreat 2/2012 in Tacoma where I hope to buy a signed copy of her book The Fleece & Fiber Sourcebook. I HIGHLY recommend this video to anyone interested in fiber be they spinners, knitters, weavers or even an animal lovers. (Posted on 1/22/2012)
- Truly Inspiring
- I purchased the version of Handspinning Rare Wools. I thoroughly enjoyed watching, listening and learning from this video. Deb Robson truly loves her craft and sheep. I was inspired to purchase samples of rare fleece to try my hand at washing, processing it and spinning the fibers. She has truly educated me and has instilled a special appreciation for these lovely animals. We as a society should take heed not to lose these precious animals as they produce such lovely fibers and textiles. We will lose much if we don't care for them. Ms. Robson I look forward to more of your videos and publishings. (Posted on 6/27/2011)
- Handspinning Rare Wools
- My preference for this was the dvd. Deborah Robson's knowledge of her subject was impressive along with her sincerity in sharing the information. She loves her craft and the sheep which was obvious in the emotional ending of the dvd. So refreshing. Even though I have spun for many years it was a pleasure to listen to her just talk about sheep giving the history of the sheep along with a picture of each breed and show how to process each sample and the yarn it would produce. Friendly, relaxing, just great. I highly recommend this. (Posted on 3/4/2011)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.