Gyre Cardigan Knitting Pattern Download
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Eyelet increases, twisted rib, and dropped stitches alternate in concentric circles from the back neck of the Gyre Cardigan, creating an openwork jacket with an austere kind of beauty.
Finished Size: 16 1/4 (17, 17 3/4, 18 1/2, 19 1/2)" back width at sleeve opening. Cardigan shown measures 17".
Yarn: Berroco Linus (50% acrylic, 20% linen, 18% nylon, 12% viscose; 157 yd [143 m]/1 3/4 oz [50 g]): #6834 charcoal, 7 (7, 7, 8, 8) balls.
Yarn Weight: #4 - Medium
Needles: Body-sizes 7 (4.5 mm) and 8 (5 mm): 32" circular (cir). Sleeves-size 8 (5 mm): set of double-pointed (dpn). Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.
Notions: Marker (m); removable marker; tapestry needle.
Gauge: 20 sts and 28 rows = 4" in St st on larger needle.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits Spring 2014
|Product Type||Pattern Download|
- Pattern is difficult to follow
I saw this cardigan made up, tried it on, and I think its very attractive. I am familiar with this designer, she always provides interesting designs.
I found this pattern to be confusing, I am stuck on the armhole row, where breaks are made for the armholes as you come to them knitting down from the neck edge. I am a pretty experienced knitter, but I don't appreciate challenging sentences with multiple brackets.
The pattern does not provide any information about how to get help, and Interweave Press does not seem to provide any. Berroco contacted me, and offered help, I had to send them a copy of the pattern! and have not heard back.... all in all, right now one UFO awaiting revival.
(Posted on 11/3/2015)
- A mistake in the lace section?
- I think there is a mistake in the lace section. There are 4 rows in the lace section. The first row has a k2tbl and a yo. This makes for a open space.. Then there are 3 rows that follow that are identical to the ribbed section. These rows do not make an open space. In the photo it is obvious that there is an open space every other row. The instruction say to repeat the last 2 rows ( regular ribbing rows with no open spaces) until it is time for the armholes. (Posted on 9/6/2015)
- simple & cute
- I'm not finished yet, but so far I really like this pattern. It's straight forward and a pretty easy knit. (Posted on 8/19/2014)
- More photos.
You can see more photos on Pintrist (http://www.pinterest.com/pin/249035054369030640/) or in the Spring 2014 issue of Interweave knits.
And I agree, the pattern looks great! (Posted on 7/29/2014)
- More Photos Please
- This pattern looks great, but it always amazes me that there is but one photo - which leaves us wondering what is the front like???? (Posted on 7/24/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.