Getting Started with Seed Beads Paperback
Don't know the first thing about beading? All it takes are some seed beads, a bit of thread, wire, or glue, a needle, and a little inspiration from Getting Started with Seed Beads.
Author Dustin Wedekind takes readers through the process of working with seed beads, from shopping to storing and from stringing to sewing a successful beginning project.
This must-have resource includes all the basics in a warm, encouraging tone: how to shop for beads, findings, and tools, giving the basic techniques with clear step-by-step full-color illustrations, and of course, plenty of great projects.
With Getting Started with Seed Beads, you'll begin by simply gluing beads to a base, then progress logically to manipulating traditional stitches such as peyote, backstitch, brick stitch, square-stitch frames, flat and tubular peyote stitch, netting, herringbone stitch and right-angle weave. You'll also learn how to finish off your project expertly. Projects include beaded buttons and rings, a curiously beaded tin, a beaded and sequined pin, beaded ribbons, scrunchies, bracelets, a coffee press cozy, and much, much more.
|Number Of Pages||128|
|File/Trim Size||7.9 x 0.5 x 7.9 inches|
- Always More to Learn!
- I've been beading for quite a while and always trying to learn more. I was not disappointed in this book. This man is very thorough and helpful. (Posted on 7/1/2016)
- Great book
- I really love this book, and use it with my beginning students. However, on page 12, Dustin shows those delicious (peyote?) rings, but I cannot find the instructions in the book. HELP. (Posted on 10/7/2015)
- Top-flight book for learning common stitches
- I've had a copy of this book for a long time, used it to help quite a few friends get started in beading and thought so highly of it that I bought ten copies to give away... two have already gone to friends, two more promised to family, two to my bead society as prizes for 'challenges', and I'll have no trouble finding a home for the rest. Put it back on 'super sale' and I'll buy another batch to give away! Dustin keeps your attention, explains clearly and carefully, and his samples are inspiring -- what more could someone want when they are getting started? (Posted on 7/16/2015)
- LOVE this book!
- I wrote a long glowing review a few days ago and it was never posted. So I"m keeping this short. I don't want to make jewelry and this book has ideas for non-jewelry items. It has great drawings for how the stitches go - the needle and thread. I am so glad I bought this book, I'm a beginner. (Posted on 5/15/2014)
- Good buy
- This is a nice little introductory book. Good basics and not intimidating. Nice that it was on sale too! (Posted on 3/20/2014)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.