Getting Started Bead Weaving Series: Learn How to Bead on a Loom Online Workshop featuring Tammy Honaman
Learn how to use a bead loom with this Online Workshop featuring video instruction from Tammy Honaman
This product will be accessible from My Online Workshops located in My Account after purchase.
See what all the jazz is about with bead looming as you dive into this online Online Workshop! Artist, instructor and jewelry expert Tammy Honaman will have you obsessing over beautiful designs and comprehensive loomwork techniques. With her instruction, you'll learn how to weave beads on a loom, discover the benefits of five different looms available on the market, and apply different finishing techniques for unique jewelry. With this on demand Online Workshop, you'll be a part of an online community and be able to interact with other students through discussion boards and galleries. The Online Workshop content is available to you any time so you can access the nine video lessons at your own pace.
Lesson 1: Tools and Materials
- Necessary tools and materials needed to bead on a loom
- Additional "nice to have" tools and materials
Lesson 2: Warping the Loom
- Warping a loom
- Anchoring the beginning and end of your warp thread
- Managing your thread while warping
- Managing tension issues
- Evenly placing warp threads
- Thread length requirements and why
Lesson 3: Start Beading
- Separating and spacing your thread for bead placement
- Placing and beginning your weft thread
- Weaving your beads onto your warp threads
- Identifying and fixing dropped beads
Lesson 4: Adding a New Thread
- Ending and tying off a warp thread mid project
- When to use a beading needle versus a loom needle
- Starting a new weft thread mid project
Lesson 5: Finishing Your Weft Thread
- Placing your last row of beads
- Weaving in your weft thread when finished
Lesson 6: Removing Your Project from the Loom
- Removing tail end threads
- Removing your piece from the loom
- What to do with your warp threads
Lesson 7: Reading a Loom Pattern
- Why reading pattern specs are important
- Techniques for tracking pattern progress
Lesson 8: Other Loom Types and Benefits
- The Ricks Beading Loom and The Little Ricky Beading Loom
- Beadalon Jewel Loom
- Beadsmith Endless Loom
- Clover Mini Loom
- Mirrix Sam Loom
Lesson 9: Finishing Options
- Learning a number of beautiful ways you can finish your project
Online Workshop Includes:
Discussion board & Gallery: The discussion board is a great way to interact with other users in the Online Workshop. It's an open forum for you to ask questions, share your thoughts, express your inspirations, and share images of your work.
Resources: Downloadable and Printable files, including 1 Free Pattern and Shopping List of Materials Needed
Notes: This is a place for you to keep personal notes to help you with your work and the Online Workshop content. Only you will be able to see your notes.
Optional Quizzes:4 short optional quizzes to test your knowledge as you progress through the lessons
Video Lesson Run Time ≈ 63 minutes
About the Instructor
Tammy Honaman is an online editor for Interweave Beading and web producer for Interweave Beading and Jewelry, and also teaches, demonstrates and speaks about jewelry-making nationally and internationally. She contributes jewelry-making projects, articles and designs to magazines, books and television programs. She is featured in videos on various industry-related websites, sharing her passion for all materials and techniques she explores.
Tammy has authored video titles for Interweave, such as Sporty Leather Bracelet with Metal Clay Charms, as well as Secrets to Metal Clay Success, Secrets to Art Clay Success and other jewelry-making videos available in DVD and digital formats. Tammy is the co-author of Polymer Clay Master Class, the founding editor of Step-by-Step Beads, and former editor of "Step-by-Step" in Lapidary Journal Jewelry Artist.
Tammy has served as technical editor on several metal clay and jewelry-making books and magazines, a former Executive Director of the International Polymer Clay Guild, and on the board of other jewelry related organizations.
|Product Type||Online Workshop|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.