Gemstone Settings The Jewelry Maker's Guide to Styles & Techniques
Fall in love with this essential, encyclopedic overview of stone setting and set the mood one exquisite stone at a time.
Set the mood--one exquisite stone at a time. The most in-depth, technical guide to stone setting has arrived: Gemstone Settings. Jewelry makers will fall in love with this encyclopedic overview, which features extensive stone-setting processes, detailed information about stones and metals, and gorgeous photos and illustrations for visual support. Step by step, learn how to set your most beloved precious, semiprecious, and organic stones with projects that range from elegant diamond masterpieces to earthy pearl or coral everyday favorites. Inside Gemstone Settings, you'll learn:
- the suitability of specific stones and metals;
- what makes a design wearable and durable;
- premade versus handmade settings.<
You'll soon be setting your own beautiful stones with this essential reference guide.
- On my wish list from the moment I read it at the library
- I found this book at my local library and checked it out on a whim as my metal working skills are in the beginning stages. WOW! The instructions were so clear and there were so many techniques that I felt I could start many of the projects even with my beginner-level metalworking skills. I am so excited that this book is now part of my jewelry library! (Posted on 7/3/2014)
- Amazing Content!
- A lot of bang for your buck! The topic coverage is amazing the details and illustrations seal the deal. Everything from wire wrapped stones to PMC and Pave settings. Certainly you need a little background to use this book - it is not intended as step by step for a rank beginner it is however very well detailed step by step for anyone with even rudimentary grasp of techniques. Well worth the purchase price! (Posted on 12/22/2013)
- A treasure
- This is a book I shall need as long as I keep working with metal and stones. Above all, I'd like to draw attention to the photographs, very clear and instructional. If you handle stones and/or pearls at all, you simply need this book. (Posted on 10/19/2013)
- IN TOTAL AWE!!!!
- I MUST write my impressions about the Book "Gemstone Settings: The Jewelry Maker's Guide to Styles & Techniques", It's a piece of Art! Been time I hasn't read a so well designed book full of photographs and diagrams that takes away my fear to Stone Setting! Congratulations to Anastasia and the whole production team!!!! Would like to buy more books like that! (Posted on 4/16/2012)
- A Must Have reference book
- This book is both informative and inspirational. Techniques are described well in step by step instructions. It is a wonderful reference volume that includes gemstone setting instructions for various forms of metalsmithing, precious metal clay, pearls, and gemstone beads including stringing and wire wrapping. Every time I open up this book I discover something I had missed before. (Posted on 3/10/2012)
Only registered users can write reviews. Please, log in or register
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.