Gelli® Plate Printing eBook
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
You’ll love this Gelli® Plate Printing book if:
- You are new to Gelli® printing
- You are an experienced printmaker looking for new techniques to send your art into a new directions
- You love incorporating printed patterns into your mixed-media art
This is the first book ever to hit the market completely dedicated to Gelli® Plate printing! Author Joan Bess, co-founder of Gelli® Gel Printing Plate, fills the book with excellent Gelli® printing techniques that beginners and experienced printmakers will be sure to have a blast while pushing themselves to explore and experiment.
In this premier guide you’ll discover 50 step-by-step monoprinting techniques to use in your mixed-media art. Discover how to create captivating patterns with homemade tools, and household items like sponges and corrugated cardboard. Become a texture hunter and explore the fun texture you can achieve with metal tape, lace, embossed papers, natural objects, stencils, stamps and more. Anything goes in Gelli® printing! Explore different mediums and the interesting affects you can achieve with metallic paint, gel medium, dimensional paint and more. Along the way you’ll experiment with printing on a variety of surfaces included glass, wood, fabric and metal.
Now get ready with your Gelli® plate and brayer in hand because you are about to embark on a fast, fun, and addicting printing adventure!
In Gelli® Plate Printing you’ll find:
- 144 pages of expert tips from the creator of the Gelli® Plate
- Ideas for using ghost prints and how to salvage uninspiring prints
- An excellent gallery of artists incorporating Gelli® Printing into their work for inspiration and project ideas
A Word from the Author
“The objective of creating fine art prints is just one way to approach Gelli® printing. Many monoprints are simply good beginnings for a vast range of projects. It’s great fun to work back into prints with various media, layer over them, journal on them, or tear them up and use the snippets for collage. Follow your own creative path and include Gelli® prints in your mixed-media art, art journals, card making, scrapbooking, quilting, fiber arts jewelry and much more!” -Joan Bess
About the Author
Joan’s career in art began in 1980, when she launched her first business, Emerald City Stamps, catering to mail artists-getting in on the ground floor of the creative movement that evolved into mixed media as we know it today. While largely self-taught, Joan learned printmaking at the Art Academy of Cincinnati, collage techniques at the Center for Contemporary Printmaking in Norwalk, Connecticut, papermaking at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, and photography at the Hartford Art School. Joan has a Bachelor of Science in Education from the University of Hartford and a lifelong passion for art. The focus of Joan’s work is mostly in book arts, but she loves experimenting and working with different media. She has taught mixed-media techniques at the Newark Museum and the Book Arts Roundtable in New Jersey.
Several years ago, Joan discovered the joy of monoprinting on gelatin-leading to her quest for a permanent gel plate and a more convenient monoprinting experience. She is cofounder of Gelli® Arts, LLC, and inventor of the concept for the Gelli® Plate. Joan lives with her husband, John, in the historic town of Mendham, New Jersey.
|Number Of Pages||144|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.