Further Explorations in Jewelry Enameling: Kiln Fired Liquid Enamel and Sgraffito with Susan Lenart Kazmer DVD
You'll love this if:
- You want to learn how to enamel using a kiln.
- You want to add vibrant color to your jewelry designs with enamel.
- You want to explore how to change surface textures, manipulate color layers, and more with enamels.
Create fabulous enamel effects in a kiln
Alter the look with 17 different techniques including sgriffito, stencils, stamps, and more!
Join artist, mixed media jewelry expert, and innovator Susan Lenart Kazmer for Further Explorations in Jewelry Enameling, a workshop video that examines how to enamel on metal using a kiln. Building off Explorations in Jewelry Enameling, Susan takes a more detailed approach to kiln firing your enameled jewelry with this workshop video.
Uncover helpful tips, tricks, and techniques for kiln enameling you won't want to miss. Begin by examining ways to form your metal and prepare it for enameling. Then, layer on enamel using Susan's unique liquid enamel application. Learn how to prep various enamels for firing, mix colors, and get the right consistency for liquid enamels. Then, add custom textures and patterns to your work by mixing crackle and sgraffito, cutting into layered enamels to reveal the colors, and applying designs to the surface, among others. Finally, achieve the perfect finish with Susan's techniques for using resin as an alternative to counter-enameling, creating the perfect bail with a strong rivet, adding silk tassels and leather cords, and more.Order this video workshop today to:
- Learn how to enamel using a kiln which allows for better temperature and color control.
- Avoid common enameling mishaps including how to trouble shoot a piece being stuck to a trivet.
- Etch to your enameled pieces via sgraffito, crackle the texture, incorporate lustrous mica powder and more with expert instruction.
- Discover basse taille, a low relief technique that creates dimension and contrast.
- Layer textures atop and within enamel - add pencil, enamel crayon, and stamp patterns.
- And so much more!
About the Artist
Susan Lenart Kazmer is an artist and jeweler of more than 26 years. Her work has been on exhibit in museums nationally and internationally. Although Susan is known as a master of metalwork, her new book, Resin Alchemy, combines metalwork with resin. Susan is the designer of a successful commercial line called Industrial Chic, composed of jewelry and mixed media components. Visit susanlenartkazmer.com. Discover Susan's three other workshop videos: Explorations in Jewelry Enameling: Torch and Kiln Techniques, 15+ Ways to Alter Metal Surfaces: Cold Enameling, Resin, Powders, Pastels & More, and Exploring Resin Jewely-Making.
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.