Fun with Watercolor: Resist Effects Video Download
Learn to create depth with layers of watercolor paints and resists when you download this video workshop featuring mixed-media artist Gina Lee Kim. Explore more than 20 techniques for painting with watercolor, as Gina guides you through the demonstration of three art journal pages.
Instantly download your video workshop today!
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Why resist? Try watercolor resists today!
Learn more than 20 techniques for painting with watercolor in the video download Fun with Watercolor: Resist Effects with Gina Lee Kim. In this workshop, Gina will teach you, and student Amy Jones, how to give your watercolor art journal pages sparkle and life by creating depth with layers of paint and resists. As you work through three art journal pages you’ll try your hand at traditional and non-traditional resists while also learning critical watercolor skills like painting washes, glazing and avoiding hard edges!
Create Resist Effects in This Video Download Using:
- Oil pastels, masking fluid, salt
- Glue, gouache, dimensional paint
- Liquid wax
- Gel pens and lifting paint
Watch a preview of this video download now!
About the Artist
Gina Lee Kim is a watercolor enthusiast, mixed-media artist and art journaler. Originally from California, Gina majored in biology and then became a registered nurse after moving to Massachusetts. No matter what stage of her life, Gina was actively painting and teaching workshops. Gina has been published in various art magazines including Cloth Paper Scissors, Cloth Paper Scissors STUDIOS, Cloth Paper Scissors PAGES, Somerset Studios and more. Gina currently resides north of Chicago with her husband Jim, and son Stephen. Gina’s favorite color is cobalt violet and she tries not to accidentally dip her paintbrush into her coffee. Visit Gina at her website, GinaLeeKim.com and see inside her art journal on Instagram at instagram.com/ginaleekim.
- 140-lb. cold press watercolor paper
- Mixed media paper
- Acrylic silver paint in dropper bottle
- Amaco ceramic wax resist
- Craft glue
- Dye inks- Ranger Distress or Adirondacks
- Foil glue
- Masking fluid
- Ranger Stickles Glitter
- Sakura Souffle or Glaze gel pens
- Tube watercolors in a basic range of warm and cool yellows, reds and blues, orange, violet, light and dark green
- White water-based paint pens (Sharpie)
- White China marker
- White dimensional fabric paint
- White gouache
- White oil pastels or white crayons
Other Tools and Supplies
- 2 water containers
- ClarityStamp stencil brushes
- Craft brushes- ½”, #8 and #12 round
- Craft knife
- Facial tissue
- Foam brush
- Gluestick or dot roller adhesive
- Heat gun or hair dryer
- Masking fluid rubber pickup
- Masking tape
- Paint rags
- Paper towels
- Ruling pen or rubber shaper tool
- Scrubber brush
- Sewing machine (optional)
- Small disposable dish or cup
- Spray bottle
- Stencils including a circle
- Watercolor paintbrushes- round sizes #5, #8, #12, #20
- Watercolor palette with cover
Instantly download your Fun with Watercolor: Resist Effects!
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Gina Lee Kim|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.