Fun with Finger Knitting
This product will be accessible from My Downloadable Products located in My Account after purchase.
Fun with Finger Knitting
web seminar with Mary Beth Temple
Finger knitting is easy to learn, and easy to teach! Whether your aim is to use up stash yarn, make some quick gifts, or teach a Scout or school group how to get started with yarn crafts , this webinar will have you finger knitting in minutes!
Join Mary Beth Temple for this fun web seminar!
With this web seminar, you'll learn:
- How to knit using only your fingers.
- Two ways of working, with tips on what type works best for what students.
- Ideas on how to make a wide variety of projetcs.
Who should attend this web seminar?
- Anyone who wants to learn to finger knit.
- Teachers or volunteers with Scout troops, school groups, or after-school programs.
- Anyone who wants to share a basic yarn craft with friends or relatives.
About Mary Beth Temple: After successful careers as both a costumer in the entertainment arena in NYC, and an antiques dealer specializing in 19th and 20th century textiles and decoratives, Mary Beth Temple is now a full time author/designer of both knitting & crochet patterns. Her work appears frequently in knitting and crochet magazines including, Knit Simple, Vogue Knitting Crochet, Interweave Crochet, The Knitter (UK) and Inside Crochet (UK). She is also the owner and lead designer for the popular pattern line Hooked for Life, which is available both online and in independent yarn stores.
Mary Beth is the author of the humor books The Secret Language of Knitters and Hooked for Life: Adventures of a Crochet Zealot. She has designed many booklets including- DIY (Design it Yourself) Afghans, and The Perfect Pillow: Ten Designs for Every Space for Leisure Arts, and Easy Crochet Cowls, Handy Pocket Scarves, 25 Fun Dishcloths to Crochet, and Tunisian Techniques: It's East to Crochet with Color for Sixth and Spring/SoHo Publishing. The SoHobooklets were originally exclusive to JoAnn Fabrics for six months, then went into wider release. The cowl booklet has had a pocket at JoAnn through six re-sets (almost 18 months) and that one and the dishcloth booklet were upgraded to five copies per pocket from three due to steady sales.
Mary Beth's newest booklet titles are Arm Knitting and Finger Knitting, both from Design Originals, an imprint of Fox Chapel Publishing. Arm Knitting was a strong seller right out of the gate, and has benefitted from some additional PR when Finger Knitting was released 8/1/14, and of course the weather turning colder. PR was coordinated with Lion Brand Yarns, and Deramores in the UK, and the booklets are supported by hi-def videos produced by Temple, seen on Youtube here - Hooked for Life with Mary Beth Temple The opening print run of Arm Knitting was 20,000 copies but it looks like that will be a drop in the bucket of total sales. Micheal's stores has promised featured display/outpost placement, and the Annie's catalog just made a decision to suspend production of their own arm knitting title and sell Temple's instead.
Her most recent long-format book is Curvy Girl Crochet: 25 Patterns that Fit and Flatter from Taunton Press, for whom she was the ghost writer on The Crochet Prayer Shawl Companion, another best seller.
Mary Beth can be found teaching at a wide variety of trade shows, conferences and yarn stores, and is well connected in the yarn industry with both editors and manufacturers, leading to a lot of visibility in the field.
|Product Type||Video Download|
|Author/Designer||Mary Beth Temple|
For United States customers:
Ground: $4.95 flat rate. Free shipping on orders over $50
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2-8 business days. Includes tracking information.
2nd Day Air: $19.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 2 business days; no P.O. boxes. 2nd Day shipping includes tracking information.
Next Day Air: $49.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is 1 business day; no P.O. boxes. Next Day shipping includes tracking information.
For International customers:
- Shipping Method —All orders are sent via Airmail. Please allow 4-6 weeks for your order to arrive.
- Tracking information is not available for International orders at this time.
International Air Printed Matter: $6.95
Estimated total shipping time (not including order processing time) is dependent on final destination. For Canada, the estimated shipping time is 2-4 weeks. For other International Countries please allow for an estimated shipping time of 4-6 weeks.
Digital Product Download
When you purchase a downloadable item from our store, you have unlimited access to your purchase and can download it as many times and as often as needed.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on “Sign Up/Sign In” at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! in the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen is a list of options. Click on MY DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS.
- Underneath the Product Title will be the download link. Click the link to view the PDF or Video.
- To save your purchases to your computer please do the following:
*PC Users: Right click on the download link, select “Save Link As” (Firefox, Chrome) or “Save Target As” (Internet Explorer)
*MAC Users: Hold the Ctrl button while clicking on the download link and select the option “Download Linked File As” (Safari)
- Save the download(s) to your “Desktop,” “My documents” or other favorite folder. Click Save.
If you are having trouble opening your download, we recommend using the latest version of Adobe Reader for eBooks, digital magazine issues and patterns/projects. Get it here for free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
For videos, we recommend using VLC Player. Here is the link to access VLC download for free: http://www.videolan.org/
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Online Workshops and Streaming Video
If you have purchased an on-demand courses or video you can access your product immediately by following the directions below. If you have purchased course with a start date you can still access it by following the directions below but may be limited to what you can access until the course starts at the date that was described in the details section of the product you purchased.
- Go to https://www.interweave.com
- Click on Sign Up/Sign In at the top right corner.
- Sign in with your email and password.
- Click on Welcome, (your name)! At the top right corner
- On the left side of the screen click on MY Workshops.
- Click Go to Course link to the far right of the course title. If nothing happens, verify that your pop-up blocker is off.
- If you are directed to a screen asking for your name and email address, fill in the information.
- You will be taken to your Dashboard, where you will see your course listed.
- Click on the teal button to the far right of the course title. It should either say Start Watching or Continue.
- Click the Play button to start viewing the course.
*If there are course materials available, they will be found under the Menu tab at the top of the viewing window.
To Access Online Workshop Materials:
- Click on the Menu tab.
- Click on Resources.
- You will see the number of Files available for the course.
- Click Files.
- Click View/Download to the right of the file title to access it.
If you do not see this notification, you simply have to navigate to your web browser's "settings" and disable your popup blocker there, or choose to allow popups on our site.
For instructions on Chrome go to https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop
For courses on Apple mobile devices, such as iPad and iPhone, go into iPhone settings -> safari -> block popups and turn it off.
Then when you click on "go to course" from your device's internet browser app, you will be asked to allow popups for this site. Choose yes, and you should be good to go.